Casa Marina Key West

Search

Casa Marina Key West

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Casa Marina Key West

My husband & I just booked a room at the Casa Marina in Key West. Has anyone stayed there lately? Good or bad? The website looks good!
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 02:42 PM

I've never stayed there, but recommended it to friends of mine who wanted to be away from the "action" and wanted to be able to smoke in the restaurant! They enjoyed it for those reasons, but in my personal opinion, the location is less than ideal. Unless you REALLY like to walk, you'll need to rely on the shuttle or bikes to get you to sunset activities, restaurants and tourist activities.
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 02:44 PM

One other thing that may be a positive or negative, depending on what you're looking for: the Casa Marina is very popular with families who have children.
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 02:44 PM

It is a very nice place, but just slightly off the beaten path - The Hyatt is located more centrally
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 03:09 AM

we've stayed there 3 times and loved it. half the charm of key west for us is walking around and looking at all the shops, people and restaurants. the walk from the casa marina to the other end of duval is not that far. all of key west is very walkable. you can also rent scooters or bikes. we liked it also because its one of the few hotels where there is actually beach area...we liked to float around in the ocean. the water was beautiful. you will have a great time!!
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 03:51 AM
jd

I agree with the previous poster that the walk from one end of Duval st. to the other end by the Gulf is an easy walk, especially with so much to see along the way. We stayed at the Ocean Key Resort overlooking the Gulf, which was very nice. We did the walk to the Atlantic side quite a few times and it was no big deal.We walked around both Marriott properties and they both seemed nice. Once, after eating at Louis Backyard,we took the bicycle and buggy ride back>