Carmel Valley Ranch - Opinions?

Old Aug 4th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carmel Valley Ranch - Opinions?

We have booked a couple of nights in mid-September at the Wyndham - Carmel Valley Ranch in Carmel Valley California. Has anyone stayed here before? Any opinions? Thanks!
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 01:35 PM

hi,
stayed there a couple of years ago. It's in a lovely spot, and overall a very nice looking hotel. We saw lots of wildlife; the kids loved it.
Our room was very large, with a living room with fireplace and bedroom and large bath. It was nice, but our room was a little worn. Ask if there are any rooms that have been remodeled recently.
Next time, I'd stay in the town of Carmel itself, because of the charm of that town. But still, this hotel is a very good choice.
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 05:23 PM

My family enjoyed staying there last year (big golfers). There was plenty of room for all. The only problem was the food was not very good there, so we bought muffins, etc. for breakfast and ate our meals elsewhere. There were several good, nearby restaurants for families. I would stay there again.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the input. I will for sure as for a room that was recently renovated. It will just be my husband and myself. Are there good wineries we can visit near there (for tastings.) And is it far from the actual city of Carmel?
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 04:27 PM

Carmel Valley is actually a ten minute drive from Carmel, proper. It is a lovely drive, though. There are some wineries along the drive. Unfortunately, there really isn't much else up that way, except when you go a little further up the road to the center of Carmel Valley, where there are a few shops and restaurants. So, you'll be wanting to drive in to Carmel to do the art galleries, shopping, restaurants and beach. Have fun!