Carmel Restaurant for Thanksgiving

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in and around Carmel/Monterey for Thanksgiving week and I was considering Mission Ranch for Thanksgiving dinner. Does anyone have any feed back on this, or any other suggestions for a Thanksgiving dinner away from home? Thank you!!
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 10:10 PM

Several, and the Mission Ranch is pretty good - the ambience is warm, and the location is great. Bernardus Lodge in Carmel Valley has a superb Thanksgiving Dinner. The Highlands Inn probably does, too. The Lodge at Pebble Beach has the most wonderful buffet! The restaurant has one entire wall of windows overlooking the golf course and the Pacific Ocean. To die for, really. The food is fabulous. I really do not like buffets, and I almost walked away from this one - but the nice hostess suggested that I might perhaps want to take a look at it before I left. We stayed (of course) and really had a great time.
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 10:01 AM

Pacific's Edge is wonderful. You might want to check to see if Roy's in Pebble Beach is doing dinner. Great food, service and ambiance.

I have only been to Wickets at the Bernardus Lodge, but it was wonderful. The entire property at the BL is first-class and just gorgeous. www.bernardus.com for more info! Good Luck and enjoy the coast! ***kim***
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 10:04 AM

One more thought for Monterey: check out the Duck Club at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Beautiful views of Monterey bay from the dining room and very elegant..... ***kim***
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I have gotten the scoop on all of the places mentioned, so we will just choose. We have a 4 year old, so the coziness of the Mission Ranch is very appealing. Thanks again!