Reload this Page >

Holywood or Beverly Hills or Downtown LA

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 1997, 05:43 PM
Jeff

My wife and myself will be spending 2 nights in Los Angeles and we are not sure where to stay. We would also like to know any great hotels to stay at and things to see while we are there?
Thanks.

Old May 4th, 1997, 07:10 AM
L. Montgomery

I would definately not choose downtown L.A. or Hollywood.

Beverly Hills is lovely...The Beverly Hills Hotel, The Penninsula, are extremely Lux Hotels,,beautiful grounds rooms, etc. Also in Westwood, the Westwood Marque is a lovely Hotel.

I will be staying at the Regent Beverly Wilshire soon which is right at Rodeo Drive also Deluxe but I think less hussle-bussle than the others mentioned..(don't know yet-have not been there before).

Old May 12th, 1997, 11:44 AM
D.

Not sure what your agenda is, but I'd recommend you stay in Santa Monica or Pasadena. If budget is not a problem I recommend Shutters in Santa Monica or the Ritz Huntington in Pasadena. It's a bit of a drive from Pasadena, but Pasadena is somewhat trendy. Also has good restaurants. Be careful if choosing a hotel in Hollywood.

Old Jun 1st, 1997, 08:51 PM
Jane

If you're "beach" or "boat" people, the Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Rey is the best. The most beautiful hotel on the water, rooms overlooking the bay and beach. It's in the center of the best row of restaurants you could want. PLUS, the Ritz does afternoon tea - lovely! There's a nice Fisherman's village to stroll...take the boat tour. You'll be relaxed and de-stressed, guaranteed!

Old Jun 7th, 1997, 03:20 PM
Karen Zinck

Where you stay I quess is what you want to see. We stayed in Hollywood at the Holiday Inn and it was fine. Our room overlooked the Hollywood Sign in the Hills, it was close to Dodger Stadium (we had tickets to a game) Universal Studios, we walked the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame, its right around the corner from Graumans(?) Chinese Theatre. We walked around in the day time and weren't a bit nervous. We took cabs at night. We walked to Beverly Hills one morning, its very close (straight along Melrose where all the shopping is) John Paul Getty Museum is definitely worth a visit. 2 days will not be enough!

Old Jun 8th, 1997, 07:48 PM
blockman

I highly recommend Beverly Prescott hotel because of its great location, small European ambiance . It is located on Rodeo drive and Wilshire Blvd. Not too pricey for the area. Also, I recommend calling l-800 96hotel for discounts on many hotels. Please reply to us. Hooray for Hollywood!!!!!

Old Jun 8th, 1997, 07:49 PM
blockman

I highly recommend Beverly Prescott hotel because of its great location, small European ambiance . It is located on Rodeo drive and Wilshire Blvd. Not too pricey for the area. Also, I recommend calling l-800 96hotel for discounts on many hotels. Please reply to us. Hooray for Hollywood!!!!!

Old Jun 8th, 1997, 07:51 PM
blockman

Old Jun 8th, 1997, 08:15 PM
ellen

i highly recommend the beverly prescott hotel in beverlly hills . great location european ambiance and not too pricey for the area. locatated at rodeo drive and wilshire blvd bon voyage hooray for hollywood.rsvp immediately. this is my first time on a chat line. thanks.

Old Jun 8th, 1997, 08:16 PM
ellen

i highly recommend the beverly prescott hotel in beverlly hills . great location european ambiance and not too pricey for the area. locatated at rodeo drive and wilshire blvd bon voyage hooray for hollywood.rsvp immediately. this is my first time on a chat line. thanks.

Old Jun 8th, 1997, 08:27 PM
Glen

Hello

This is not a chat line. Its a bulletin board. You only need to send your message once.

Old Jun 8th, 1997, 11:46 PM
Mike

To Ellen it is a chat line. She was hanging out her chatting to herself and re-posting over and over from 11:48pm to 12:16 am after all.
Ellen: get a clue babe!