Carmel for women's get-away?

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:28 PM
anna

Carmel for women's get-away?

Every Presidents weekend, six of us in the family take a three-night trip together: mother in seventies with bad feet, the rest ranging in age from 40 - 60. None of us are particularly athletic, but we all enjoy cute shops and good restaurants. We all like to be near the ocean.
We look for moderately-priced places with double beds in all rooms so we can share. We like to get one room or suite large enough for us all to sit together and visit at the end of the day. Close to the shops would be ideal although my mother has a handicapped placard to help us park.
Does anyone know of any bargains?
Thanks in advance!

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 01:33 PM
l

I do not know about the hotels, but Carmel is definitely the place for cute shops, close together. The chamber of commerce may be of help if you get no other response. I bet there are some great deals since everyone is so deperate.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Susan

Carmel does sound like a good place for you, however, the one problem you may encounter is finding a hotel with two double beds in a room. Because Carmel is seen as a romantic getaway, there is not a wide variety of such accomodations, especially near the ocean. I know that the Mission Ranch and the Best Western have a number of such rooms.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Confused

Susan, which Best Western are you talking about? Nice place?

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Susan

BW Carmel Mission Inn--nice rooms, pool, parking BUT not in central Carmel.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 03:57 AM
sharon

Check out www.montereypeninsulaguide.com
It is a very complete guide to all the accomodations in the area. There are plenty of reasonably priced places to stay with suites/large rooms that will accomodate several people.