Reload this Page >

Carlyle Suites Hotel--DuPont Area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 04:01 PM
jsmith

My criteria was close to the Metro and a kitchenette for a hungry 10 year old to fix late night snacks. Any comments on this hotel? Is it safe to walk to Metro from here? What is the general appearance? Clean and comfortable? Anyone stayed here recently? What are some inexpensive places to eat close to here? It is at 1731 N. Hampshire Ave. NW between R and S streets.

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 04:11 PM
jsmith

This hotel is in Washington D.C.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Mauri

This is an older renovated Art Deco Hotel in an excellent, safe location. Well kept up, clean , comfortable. Very large rooms though not real suites with seperate rooms. Layouts vary with some L shaped rooms. "Kitchenette" had two burner stove , don't remember a microwave but I could be wrong about that. Wide variety of places to eat on Conn Ave. Fuzio for relatively inexpensive world wide noodles on Conn.Cheap burrito place. Very busy area. Think you'll be happy here. Dupont Circle is one of the nicest most interesting areas of the city to stay.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 09:31 AM
lisa

I've never been inside the hotel, but I walk by it all the time as I live in the neighborhood. It's about 4 blocks from the "Q Street North" entrance to the Dupont Circle metro stop -- very convenient. One of my favorite restaurants in DC is close by -- Lauriol Plaza, for Latin American food (on 18th near T Street). It is very popular and crowded though so get there early for dinner (before 7 pm to avoid a long wait). Their chips and salsa, seafood enchiladas, and margaritas are terrific and reasonably priced. Also at 18th & S is "Rosemary's Thyme Bistro" which has a nice atmosphere and OK food. On Q & 19th is a reasonably-priced Asian diner called Raku, and next door to that is a bookstore cafe called Kramerbooks & Afterwords. On Q Street across from Raku is a good bakery called Firehook (for breakfast pastries, cookies, etc.), and on the corner of Q & Connecticut is a takeout place (with limited indoor seating) called Wrapworks that is inexpensive. Lots of places up and down Connecticut Ave near the Dupont Circle metro stop too.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 11:59 AM
jsmith

Thanks Mauri & lisa for the hints. We're looking forward to our visit. We just needed some assurance from someone "local" about the hotel and places to eat.