Cardoza, The Hotel, Hotel Impala or The Ritz

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:44 AM
gg

Cardoza, The Hotel, Hotel Impala or The Ritz

I have narrowed our choices to the Cardozo, Hotel Impala, The Hotel all in South Beach or the Ritz-Carlton in Coconut Grove.We are seeking a hotel that is special and also relatively quiet.Which of these would you recommend.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:11 PM
msb

I've stayed at both Hotel Impala and The Hotel and find them both to be special in their own ways. Hotel Impala is tucked away a little bit more and is quiet.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Greg

The Ritz in the groove is beautiful. It brand new with modern decor. Very quite and elegant! Nice spa too! Also R/C key biscayne is very nice on a quite little key.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 05:55 AM
gg

anyone else?

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 04:57 PM

I am a total fan of the Cardozo. It's a quiet boutique hotel across from the Beach and a few blocks north of the wildest part of Ocean Drive. The accommodations are wonderfully comfortable and romantic and the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly (VERY rare in South Beach).

The Hotel and the Impala are both on Collins (one block west of the beach), but I'd venture to say the Hotel would be a bit louder, and will be more expensive. I know nothing about the R-C, but I bet it'll be pretty pricey.

Given my choice, I'd go with the Cardozo.
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 06:02 AM
gg

Thanks for the advise. We stayed at the Cardozo and it was a good choice. The room was on the 3rd floor and ocean front. The only drawback was the palm tree partially blocking the view.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 01:52 PM

We stayed at the Cardozo for 3 nights in Feb '03 and it was okay. The food was excellent and the staff was oh so friendly. Our waiter even went to the chef to get my husband a fruit plate at 3:00pm (it was on the breakfast menu only) and they gave it to him anyway.

Only problem, and it was a big problem, was that our room was on the second floor over the club area and we had to listen to the music til midnight. If we were party animals it would have been great. But we were both wiped out and stressed and needed some downtime and it didn't work.

So, yes, stay at the Cardozo, it is a wonderful place, but don't sleep over the lounge unless you plan on being IN the lounge past midnight!!

I love South Beach!!
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:10 AM

Also, if you decide to stay at Cardozo, make sure that your room is not directly above the kitchen (they start
their work early and it gets very noisy around 6am in the morning). Overall, a nice hotel depending on the room that you will get at check in. We changed our rooms twice last year before finally getting a room that was very quiet and did not have a foul odor.