Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

where to sleep in Disnelyland California?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am travelloing next february to California (from Argentina) with my family and we are planning to spend one or two days in Disneyland.

1- Is it worth to sleep in the disneyland resort although it is more expensive tan other hotels? are they really better?

2- do you think we need one or two days at disney and adventure park? We are a family we four kids of 14, 13, 9 and 1 year old
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 08:04 AM

The Disney-owned hotels are always well-managed and extraordinarily clean. They are usually worth the price, depending on whether your budget can afford them. Being on Disneyland property is helpful so you can easily return to your room so the baby (or you!) can nap. Best case is to have a free shuttle service to and from Disneyland and your hotel.

I went to expedia.com and searched for hotels near Disneyland, and 400 came up, so you have lots of options. The link also tells you how far the hotel is from Disneyland:
http://www.expedia.com/Hotel-Search

It's hard to say how long you should stay. Disneyland will take one full day, after which you will be happily exhausted.

Welcome to CA from Argentina!
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 08:24 AM

The Anaheim Convention Center is also near Disney so the hotels along Convention Way are filled with adults and rarely any children (when I've attended conventions) even though some of the adults take some time to visit Disney. When we visited friends for dinner who were staying at a Disney hotel, we were shocked by how crowded the restaurants were at a late hour. If your family prefers a quiet area, you might want to see which is the quietest hotel and compare it with one of the nearby hotel properties. DH and I prefer quiet low rise hotels. There are a lot of choices for hotels with free shuttles so it should be easy for one of you to return to the hotel with the youngest for naps.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 08:30 AM

Unless you are staying at the Grand Californian (which has an entrance from the hotel directly into the California park), I think the hotels across the street from the main entrance on S. Harbor Blvd. may be a closer walk to the parks than the other Disney properties (Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel).

However, the Disney properties offer continuity of the park themes that you won't get at the non-Disney hotels. I think if you stay at the Disney properties you also get the extra hour morning privileges every day of your stay.

February is the slower period for the parks and they will probably open later and close earlier than more crowded times (unless you happen to be there on a holiday weekend). I think two days to cover both parks is preferable than only one.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 09:27 AM

I would recommend two days for sure. We stay at the Park Vue
http://www.parkvueinn.com/ as it is right across the street from the gates. It is clean, good service and their price includes a decent breakfast buffet and appetizers in the early evening (also great for quick filling snack) As for tickets you can get two day park hopper passes otherwise you have to pay for Disneyland and California adventure separately. If you have the time they offer a great deal on 3 day park hopper passes. http://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/ The three day if your have the time is great because you can take time out to rest and see the parks at a more leisurely way. You kids will want to go back on some of the rides over and over again (my kid does and she is an adult!!!) Enjoy your visit.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 10:23 AM

We stayed at the Howard Johnson's Anaheim and it was pretty darn good. I'm a bit of a hotel snob and it was fine with me. There is a pirate ship water play area and another pool. the grounds were well maintained, the room included a microwave and refrigerator. Its a very short walk to the Disneyland gates - no shuttle needed for most people. You can get discount codes from mousesavers.com.

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 10:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been to Disneyland at least fifty times and I still dream of staying at the Grand Californian. I would love to sit on my balcony and watch the fireworks.
Two nights will be enough.That is a great mix of ages in your group,they will have a good time.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 10:42 AM

The Grand Californian is a beautiful hotel! I highly recommend it.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 11:15 AM

I love the Grand California - have stayed there a few times and it is LOVELY I also highly recommend it.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 12:40 PM

Have been to all 3 and they are all great. Grand Californian if your budget can go it.

I would for sure stay 2 days.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

thanks to all of you. I will really apreciatte your comments because here, in aregntina, there is no mutch information about disneyland. I will go 2 days for sure and try to pay the Grand California. Can I book it from anotehr page appart from the disney official one?
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 03:04 PM

Check out the Disneyland forums at disboards.com.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

You will find tons of information and tips on planning your trip - the members there are true Disney fans. You can find out information on everything - the hotels, the parks, the rides, the shows, etc.

Even though I'm very familiar with Disneyland, I always check the forums there when planning a visit to see if anything special will be going on while I'm there.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

Great!!!! Thanks chepar!!!!
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 03:33 PM

http://arestravel.com/77_DisneylandResort.html
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 04:38 PM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
"where to sleep in Disnelyland California?"

I usually sleep on It's A Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted House. That should get you through the rest of the day.

Old Nov 30th, 2011, 10:17 AM

Does the monorail still run to the DisneyLand Hotel? Years ago we stayed there and the convenience was worth it! Take the monorail to the hotel room to change the kids, feed them, get out of the hot sun, play in the pool, see Minnie Mouse (without standing in long lines) and then take the monorail back to the park. Worth every penny with a 7 and 5 years old.
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 10:48 AM

I don't think the one at Land stops at resorts like the one in World does. Grand Californian is a very short walk anyway. Really the other two aren't very far either.
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 01:06 PM

No it does not stop at the hotel - it stops in Downtown Disney -