Notices

Car Damage..

May 25th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Original Poster

Car Damage..

I recently rented a car in USA from Enterprise. When I pick up the car, I have walk around and try to show them any where they had damage on the car with large dent on front passenger side rim. I have my own insurance from AAA and deny to get their protection insurance. In fact, I truth them by didn't check back anything on the paper. When I returned, the agent told me have to pay for that damage because it didn't mark on the paper....no any where mark on the paper, But they said I won't be charged anything and don't worried about it, my money for the deposits will back to my bank account. After I got home, I check on the received bill, was charged me for $250. So how can I do? Could someone help me for this case? Please help.....
May 25th, 2011, 10:52 AM

If you EVER rent a car and it already has damage on it you MUST note that on the rental agreement and have it initialed by the rental clerk - otherwise they will always say it was your fault.

If you check I think you will find that the $250 is the deductible on your AAA policy - and that they are charging the deductible to you and the rest of the cost to AAA (a large dent costs way more than $250 to fix). Contact AAA and ask - but I think you are out of luck.
May 25th, 2011, 11:14 AM

Even if you are covered for damage by your credit cards, the car companies charge you an "administrative fee" or a processing fee as well. This sounds like what you are being charged. If you were charged for repairs it would be $251.87 or something like that, not a straight $250.
May 25th, 2011, 05:58 PM
J62

I don't recall the details but there was a big fuss about this a few years ago with some of the smaller companies - they were charging multiple customers for the same damage.

I suppose legally you might have a case if you could prove that the rental car co already knew about the damage since it was noted by previous renters. There's probably records of the damage slips from before you.

The problem is it's too small an issue for an insurance company to fight, and you're not in a strong starting position since you didn't note it (in writing) in the first place.

I've made a practice of taking photos of damage spots with my cell phone when I rent a car - before I drive it off the lot. Just in case...

Search this Thread