Reload this Page >

One day in Charleston

Search

One day in Charleston

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 1998, 04:50 PM
Richard

One day in Charleston

Taking friends from England to Charleston for walking tour and lunch, only theree for part of the day. Where should we take them to lunch? Thanks for your help.

Old Mar 24th, 1998, 08:26 PM
Kathleen Miller

Last May, we had one day in Charleston and it was fantastic. We want to do it, again, real soon. We parked on the water's edge (Ft. Sumter site) and walked everywhere from there. We saw many beautiful old homes, churches and many historical buildings within a very close area. There are many restuarants. I don't recall the name of the place we chose but it was very good as I am sure most are. We ate in the open air veranda. There are horse drawn carriage tours available. Have a wonderful time. The Charleston House Hotel was very nice and I am sure that they have an upscale restuarant. The lobby is a must see. Kathleen

Old Mar 24th, 1998, 08:28 PM
Kathleen

Last May, we had one day in Charleston and it was fantastic. We want to do it, again, real soon. We parked on the water's edge (Ft. Sumter site) and walked everywhere from there. We saw many beautiful old homes, churches and many historical buildings within a very close area. There are many restuarants. I don't recall the name of the place we chose but it was very good as I am sure most are. We ate in the open air veranda. There are horse drawn carriage tours available. Have a wonderful time. The Charleston House Hotel was very nice and I am sure that they have an upscale restuarant. The lobby is a must see. Kathleen

Old Mar 25th, 1998, 05:58 PM
Jeff

Spent one day in Charleston last week. A carriage tour is a must. The historic district is fantastic! If you are looking for restaurants, Charleston has no shortage. We went to Anson's - traditional southern cuisine in a wonderful atmosphere. There is also 82 Queen (on Queen St) and Magnolia's. All are southern fare. If you walk along Meeting Street and around the market area you will find plenty of options.

Old Mar 28th, 1998, 05:30 PM
Carol

First, go to the Visitor's Center. You'll get discount coupons on the tour accomodations and lots of info, including maps.

There are many great restaurants right in the Market area, since this is only a 1-day visit. I just ate at Beaumont's for lunch today and now think it's my favorite. But, that might change next week! We have so many wonderful restaurants, that it's hard to go wrong.

Our favorite to take out-of-town company is 82 Queen. If it's not too humid, the outside patio dining is the best in town.

Good luck!