Hello Fodorites --
My DH and I would like to have a quiet Thanksgiving on our own this year and are thinking of escaping to Cape Cod for the long weekend. The last time he was there he was a child, and for me it was in the late 1990s. We're both in our early 40s, very active and usually spend the holiday visiting family but this year we just need a rest and need to be alone.
We would like to stay in a B&B or an inn where we can sit and read or have a drink or do the crossword puzzle -- nothing super fancy and definitely nothing very Victorian/frou-frou, but a fireplace would be amazing. We'd also like to walk around a town that's mostly open during the holiday weekend, get a burger and a beer, hunt through an antique store or two, and go wandering on a beach. We're not looking for a Thanksgiving meal -- as much as we want to be alone, we will probably stop on the way up from NYC at DH's brother's family outside of Boston for Thanksgiving lunch before heading out to the Cape in the late afternoon.
One, in the late 1980s, I visited Chatham and it seemed lovely. I like the idea that it's at the "elbow" and we could do day trips up and down. Would that be a good choice for the holiday weekend?
As for budget, up to $200 a night (for the 3 nights of the holiday weekend) is our top price.
Thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I need help
- 2 10 day California Trip in July
- 3 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 4 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 5 Newport Beach restaurants
- 6 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 7 4 days in Miami
- 8 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 9 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 10 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 11 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 12 A Few days in Museums
- 13 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 14 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 15 travelling from Miami to New York
- 16 Las Vegas TR
- 17 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 18 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 19 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 20 First time in the United States
- 21 3 days San Francisco
- 22 Vacations in New Orleans
- 23 Hawaii instead of Oaxaca, but where?
- 24 Must-See Louis Vuitton Exhibit Downtown
- 25 Base Lodging in New Hampshire and Vermont
Hello Fodorites --