Reload this Page >

can Priceline, Expedia tickets be bought at the last minute

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 10:34 PM
Mark

Thinking of taking a ski trip possibly to Europe, but won't know until a couple of days before. It really all depends on the whether....snow conditions etc. Therefore I would like to be able to do a paperless ticket at the very last minute. Is this generally possible?

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:36 AM
Jen

For US hotels, at least, you can buy tickets on Priceline up to the day OF the reservation! In fact, since much of Priceline's stock is rooms that are expected to remain unsold, some of the best deals are the last-minute ones..

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:27 PM
Mark's friend

Jan, Mark is looking for airline not hotel tickets.

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:36 PM
xxx

I haven't purchased tickets for the same day, which is probably nearly impossible to do, but I have purchased tickets for the following day's departure. I suppose if your bid is accepted for the same day's flight that you could make it, but it would have to be an airline that would only be accepting E-tickets. And, if you have a connecting flight within Europe, with a different airline then you would probably need paper tickets, but you might be able to get them from the airline when you check in. I do know that if you get a combination ticket with Swiss and Malev Airlines, that you will need paper tickets for Malev.

The problem with doing this is that your bid is either accepted or it isn't. You won't have many opportunities for free rebids.

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:46 PM
lee

I purchased tickets to France on Priceline.com in October just two days before my flight, and everything worked fine. These were obviously E tickets - no problems.