Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Can anyone suggest a reference where I can get ratings on family friendly dude ranches in Montana

Can anyone suggest a reference where I can get ratings on family friendly dude ranches in Montana

Sep 24th, 2001, 12:44 PM
Virginia

Can anyone suggest a reference where I can get ratings on family friendly dude ranches in Montana

I have begun my search for family friendly dude ranches in Montana but I would like to compare. Can anyone suggest a guide or list that rates.

Sep 24th, 2001, 01:53 PM
mary lewis

I can't list a service- but I can recommend a ranch run by the Nature Conservancy - called Pine Butte. We spent a week there last year and it was marvelous! I think the Nature Conservancy's web site is www.tnc.org?

Sep 24th, 2001, 02:12 PM
Virginia

Thanks so much Mary Lewis that was a very nice start. Like the connection with the nature conservancy. Some of these ranches involve hunting/flygishing and target practice not my ideal. This looks more like what I am interested in.

Nov 16th, 2001, 04:42 PM
Dick

Virginia,
Try the lodging area of Travel Montana's website at
http://visitmt.com/tripplanner/campandlodge/home.htm

They will also send you a free publication on request that provides the same information.

Nov 16th, 2001, 06:07 PM
Ginny

There is a association of ranches in every state that provides this as a mager tourist industry. I wrote this fall and got about 30 responses. I was checking Arizona, Colorado and Montana. Some even send you a video.

Nov 17th, 2001, 08:19 AM
chris

Gene Kilgores Ranch Vacation Guidebook doesn't rate ranches but does give very good overviews. We've enjoyed Nine Quarter Circle Ranch in Montana about a 30 minute drive from West Yellowstone (and park entrance). Absolutely beautiful setting.

Nov 17th, 2001, 06:29 PM
lcuy

Ranch Vacations is like the bible of dude ranching. We used it for three vacations and found his reviews to be right on the nose. Most ranches now have web sites, so you can get current rates once you find an interesting one.

Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:07 AM
Diane

We stayed at Mountain Sky Guest Ranch last summer and it is VERY family friendly---we took the grandparents and there were several other families there with three generations. They have a WONDERFUL children's program and a well organized teen program. E-mail me if you have specific questions.

Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:40 PM
sister

Have you ever logged onto FamilyFun.com? There is a vacation site on their web page (if you don't already subscribe to the mag, it is GREAT..I'm a mother of 3 and the mag is just wonderful).

Apr 19th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Brian

Try ranchweb.com

Search this Thread