Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Can anybody give me a Las Vegas show recommendation?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 09:37 AM
Jordy

So here's the thing.. I'm going to Vegas shortly and I want to see a show. A "friend" of mine in NYC told me to see this show called De La Guarda, which I guess just opened at the Rio. I know little about it but what the "friend" said and this: http://www.playrio.com/dlg/index.htm

Now all of the sudden I'm hearing it all over the radio and seeing posters all over the place in LA for the show. Has anybody seen it? Advice, comments, suggestions would be wonderful!!

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 09:59 AM
Patti

Have the buffet at the Rio and do not, under any circumstances, miss the Cirque du Soliel show "O" at the Bellagio. $100 but worth every penny. I went with 10 people last year and eveyone agreed that it was a wonder.

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 11:57 AM
LVShows

The show Jubilee at Ballys is a must see if you like Las Vegas extravaganzas mixed in with some magic/illusion.

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 01:22 PM
John

I'm generally not a big fan of the glitzy Vegas show scene--but on a visit there last Feb. I took my family to two shows( after a good deal of research)--and both were fabulous. First was "O" at the Bellagio. An unbelievable spectacle of circus arts in a surreal presentation, in an out of a pool of water. Read up on this elsewhere--I agree with the above--worth overy bit of the $100 ticket price. The most amazing thing I had ever seen ( and I've not new to the entertainment world). Also we loved the Lance Burton magic show at the Monte Carlo . We wanted to see one of the big magic shows--and this was great. Very impressive, unbelievable tricks, in a cozy and excellent theater.

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 05:41 PM
jan

Jordy
I recommend Mystere at Treasure Island. EXCELLENT Show. About $75.00 a ticket but worth every penny!! Also check out "O" at the Bellegio another excellent show. Both these shows are from Cirque Du Soleil. Get your tickets early, both shows are always a sell out.
Good Luck!

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 10:01 AM
BillJ

"O"

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 12:23 PM
sammie

"O" is the most incredible show you will ever see. Worth every penny of the $110 per ticket we paid for our family to see the show.

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 01:49 PM
Janice

Saw Mystere last year and "O" this year.

After comparing I think I liked Mystere better. "O" is fantastic all right but somehow Mystere had more heart.

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 02:46 PM
rita

I went to most of the BIG shows and loved them but I highly recommend La Cage Folle at the Riveria. Very reasonable. Fabulous show! I laughed Tip $20 for a super seat.

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 02:40 PM
Jordy

Thanks for all the suggestions... as it turns out, I went to Vegas and ended up seeing De La Guarda. HOLY COW was this amazing! I don't even know how to describe it - dance, rave, show, whatever... Amazing. I highly highly recommend it. As a matter of fact, I'm dying to go see it again, I can see why the hype is all over the place.
If you're going to Vegas, trust me, check it out:
http://www.playrio.com/dlg/index.htm

Thanks again!
Jordy

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 03:40 PM
Chris S

'O', Lance Burton, Mystere -- can't go wrong with any of these shows.

Forget EFX!!! Total waste of $.