Reload this Page >

visite to coca cola museumin Atlanta

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 09:45 AM
Bianka

Is there someonewho has visited coca cola museim in Atlanta ? What are your impression ?

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 11:13 AM
Christie

It was neat. We only had an hour, so I didn't get to spend as much time in the exhibits as I'd have liked. I did like the part where you got to try all of the regional driks from around the world; that raspberry soda from New Guinea was great! The gift shop was realy nice, too.

Be sure and see CNN Center while you're in Atlanta. The studio tour is pretty good.

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 11:17 AM
RadiationBurn

Atlanta has been decimated by a nuclear bomb. Please don't visit. Thank you.

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 12:00 PM
no

It's just a bunch of souvenir dioramas until you reach the end of the tour and can sample some sodas from around the world, assuming you like soda. That's all it is.

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 12:46 PM
Kay

Rather depends on your interests. There is a very short film on the company's history, many displays of corporate memorabilia, clips of old commercials, a film like a new commercial, a live soda jerk demonstration, sodas tasting, and gift shop. It doesn't have the feel of a museum as it is very commercial. Every child age 6 to 16 I have taken there loved it. Just don't tell them about the sodas at the end or they want to pass up all the displays and just drink. Let it be a wonderful surprise. The teenagers also liked the CNN tour nearby.

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 02:21 PM
Gary

Allow 2 hours. It is very commercial. I enjoyed the Coca-cola memorbialia that was availalbe to purchase in the gift shop. Older people and kids enjoy the soda jerk skit. I was most impressed by the paintings of Santa Claus that were used in Coke adds many years ago. This artist (sorry don't remember his name) truly captured what we consider the modern day image of Santa. As long as you don't expect anything "cultural" you may find it worthwhile - everybody who visits Atlanta goes there!

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 07:25 PM
angela

I live and work in Atlanta. It's a tourist trap, take my advise, buy a Coke-have a smile-and save your money!

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 04:28 AM
dina

I went last year - i'm not a fan of Coke . . . but found the history of Coke Cola quite interesting. I tend to get bored pretty quickly so about one hour and I was bored ! Go shopping instead . . . More Fun !! oh and the free sample tasting was fun as well as the jumping coke fountain thing !

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 04:31 AM
steve

Unless you are a BIG coke fan, give it a miss.