i am looking for some suggestions for my three week trip to California and New Mexico in late August / September 2014.
I am an elderly lady, travelling alone, using public transport and local airlines.
My travel style as a retired person tends to be clean, safe and central, with the occasional splurge.
I intend to spend my first six days in San Francisco ,and after that am open to all suggestions please.
I like slow travel, and would prefer less places and more time in each.
i really want to go to Santa Fe and Albuquerque and realise that I may fly there or take Amtrak.
I would really appreciate all suggestions, especially in relation to places to stay that are very close to public transport, which I realise is a big ask. And itinerary thoughts for after my San Francisco days and before my last week in new Mexico.
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 2 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 3 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 4 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 5 Muir Woods - new rules
- 6 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 7 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 8 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 9 meridian
- 10 4 days in San Diego
- 11 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 12 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 13 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 14 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 15 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 16 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 17 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 18 Family winter holiday
- 19 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 20 Galveston
- 21 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 22 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 23 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay
- 24 Train Journey, SFO to SEA
- 25 Padre Islands
California and New Mexico by local transport , over three weeks.