Calf's liver in Portland OR?

Oct 5th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

Calf's liver in Portland OR?

I can't stomach the stuff, but my wife absolutely LOVES calf's liver and onions. Chicken livers won't do. Any suggestions on a Portland restaurant that cooks it the way it should be cooked . . . whatever the hell that is? Thanks for your help.

Rolf Glerum
Oct 5th, 2005, 04:56 PM

LOL Rolfg, I think the world is divided by those that love liver and onions and those that can't stand to sit at the same table when the dish is served! I personally agree with your dear wife. And sorry, have no idea what restaurant you should go to but hopefully someone in Portland can advise you. Have a fun trip.
Oct 5th, 2005, 05:28 PM

My departed sister loved liver and onions, and whenever I see it on a menu I order it and eat it in her memory.

It's hard to find in the northwest, but sometimes appears on he menu at "diner" and "family" style restaurants. It is on the menu at Mitzel's in Seattle and it may also be on the Mitzel's menu in Portland.

I have also seen it on the menu at the Apple Peddler, which has restaurnts in California and Oregon, but perhaps not in Portland.
Oct 5th, 2005, 05:55 PM

A quick trip to Google brings up lots of hits for Three Square Grill in Portland for its liver and onions.
Oct 5th, 2005, 05:56 PM
mms

Happytrails--Where is a Mitzel's down here? We used to go to the one in Everett and up at Whidbey. I thought they were just in WA, although ownee by Elmer's, I think.
Oct 6th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Original Poster

Patrick - You have saved the day! My wife will be pleasantly surprised for her birthday dinner. mms: Sorry, no Mitzel's in Oregon, as you suggest. Thanks to all for your help and sense of humor!
Oct 6th, 2005, 03:25 PM
mms

Thanks, glad to know I wasn't losing it, lol!