Caesar's Palace or Paris?

Aug 1st, 2005, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Caesar's Palace or Paris?

I am going to a conference in October for work and my husband is accompanying me to play poker while I'm at the conference. We have priced the rooms and it is essentially the same to stay in Caesar's Palace and Paris hotels. I looked at tripadvisor and saw some less than flattering reviews of Caesar's Palace. Does anyone have a preference and why? Obviously there is no poker at Caesar's, but he usually plays at Harrah's anyway. thanks!
Aug 1st, 2005, 05:07 PM

Obviously Paris is newer, so maybe that is why CP didn't get good reviews. Although CP does have a fairly new tower. If you get a chance eat at Mon Ami Gabi in the Paris. It is wonderful!! You can sit outside on the patio and watch the fountains go off across the street at the Bellagio. Also make sure you visit the pastry shop inside Paris...excellent. Have fun!!
Aug 2nd, 2005, 04:44 AM

We love Caesar's and the new Augustus Tower is supposed to be gorgeous! Last trip, we stayed in the Palace Tower, and our room had a view of the Bellagio fountains and the Caesar's pool. Very cool...
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:49 AM

OK. Mon Ami Gabi is good, but there are better.
I say this because the place was so pumped up by others online prior to our visit last month --- that after dining there, we were less than jubilant. I believe that it is the only outdoor cafe facing the fountains from the other side of the street, correct? This makes it a gem.
Aug 3rd, 2005, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

thanks -anyone else with a preference between the two accomodations?
Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:36 PM

TSD,
you said the key words "outdoor cafe"...maybe thats why I love that place because we don't have them here...well, I do like the steaks, mussels and the carrot "stuff" they give you for the bread .