Cab Ride on Miami's South Beach?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much would cab fare be from 2201 Collins Avenue to around 6th and Ocean Drive (which I assume is near the epicenter of the Art Deco district as well as the main shopping, nightlife?) If I am wrong...help!
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 02:58 PM

Couldn't be more than $5 or $6. It's not incredibly far. It's a long walk, but I've done it in the heat of day (I'm a fool) and lived to tell the tale. FYI, 22nd St. and Collins is still in South Beach.

Actually, 6th and Ocean is a little south of the busy drag of Ocean Drive (more between 8th and 12th Sts). However, Collins between 5th and 10th has good stand-alone boutiques (Kenneth Cole and the like), and there's a killer music store (Specs) at the corner of Collins and 5th.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 03:06 PM

There ARE some good clubs south of that "main drag"-- Nikki's Beach Club is at the start of Ocean Drive, Opium Garden is nearby on Collins-- but the nightclub epicenter is really Washington Ave. (crobar, B.E.D and the like). The scene changes a lot, so check with the concierge at the Holiday Inn. He or she will know.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

I was figuring it was probably cheaper for the four of us to just take a cab than to try to drive to that area and then find parking which probably costs more than the cab fare roundtrip.? We have free parking at the Holiday Inn.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 04:14 PM
GoTravel

Free parking is a freak thing in South Beach so do not move your car once you park.

You'd never find a space anywhere near the clubs if you tried to park and Ocean Drive is like a parking lot at times.

Take a cab.