Cab from Dulles to Reagan?

Mar 12th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Chris

Cab from Dulles to Reagan?

How much will a cab cost me from Dulles Holiday Inn at the airport to Reagan airport?
How long does this trip take by cab at about 5:30 PM? (PS - Hate those stupid airline schedules!)

Mar 13th, 2002, 04:17 AM
xxx

About a $100, I would think, but traffic is a big variable in D.C. If there's a shuttle it would probably be a bit less. Maybe if you called the hotel directly they would know or give you the name of one of the cab companies that might take you.

Mar 13th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Dave

$100 seems high for a cab, but I'm not sure. Here are two suggestions if money is an issue: (1) Take a shuttle to the subway. Then take the orange line to Rosslyn and transfer to the blue line to the airport. This works best if you don't have a lot of luggage. The trip on the subway would probably be 20-30 minutes, plus the time getting from the airport to the subway. (2) Take Super Shuttle from Dulles to Reagan. It's cheap, but the downside is you'll need to wait for the shuttle and then possibly meander around Northern Virginia dropping off other passengers. If you do decide to take a cab, I'd plan about an at least an hour travel time since you'll be going at the height of rush hour (assuming you're going during the week).

Mar 13th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Kevin

Cab from Dulles to National, I'd say at least $60 and 40 min. You're going against traffic, but in this area traffic is bad everywhere, so $100 and 1 hour is not unreasonable. Using metro is a lot cheaper, since it drops you off right at National (still need to take cab to metro from Dulles), and its good service pretty much eliminates any variability in time.

Mar 13th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Lorraine

It takes 40 minutes with no traffic.
I would say at Rush Hour you are looking at at least an hour-probably hour and 1/2

Mar 13th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Ann

It won't be $100 unless you get stuck in some unusually bad traffic.

I take a cab from Dulles to my home in Alexandria, which is further than going to National, and it's usually $40-$50, depending on traffic.

I hate the Super Shuttle. The drivers are horrible, and they make 60,000 stops. Check with the Washington Flyer. They now have a bus that runs between Dulles and National, with no stops.

Mar 13th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Christina

I guess anything's possible but I think $100 is high, also, I'd guess about half that, myself. They used to have shuttles between the two, you should check Washington Flyer co. to see if that's resumed, or what they might have www.washfly.com

It depends on the day of the week as traffic is terrible during rush hour on weekdays. I would allow 1-1/2 hrs myself, to be safe, during the week.

Mar 13th, 2002, 12:12 PM
kwl

Look for the website for the DC airports - they are actually part of the same organization. I believe they provide relatively inexpensive transportation b/w the two. Maybe on the Washington DC Flyer bus? I see the bus often on the roads b/w the two airports so maybe that's what everyone else is using to shuttle to flights.

I would avoid taxi's at that time of day - you'll be stuck in traffic and will pay out the nose for the time.

Good luck.