Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Cab cost from Las Vegas airport to Bellagio? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/cab-cost-from-las-vegas-airport-to-bellagio-907519/)

Samsaf Sep 28th, 2011 09:04 AM

Cab cost from Las Vegas airport to Bellagio?

We'll be renting a car after the first few days in Las Vegas (and then driving out of town), but won't need a car at first. I forgot from last time how much a cab would cost from the airport to the Bellagio. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

:)

musicfan Sep 28th, 2011 09:24 AM

We took a cab in July from the airport to the Wynn (which is just a little further I think) and as I recall it was about $24.

Samsaf Sep 28th, 2011 09:27 AM

Thanks! :)

musicfan Sep 28th, 2011 11:41 AM

You're welcome--have fun!

Also, there is an "airport surcharge" that cabs are legally allowed to charge ($2-3 I think), but apparently it is discretionary as we did not get charged on our way back to the airport.

Ryan Sep 28th, 2011 12:33 PM

Without traffic about $17. With some traffic expect $18 to $20.

Do not allow the cabdriver to take the freeway. Many of them do this because it adds several dollars to the fare, especially when business is slow.

They do it for the extra fare, not as a timesaver. Taking the freeway brings you away from the airport and Strip only to double back.

Tell them to take "Paradise Rd." Depending on traffic, driver will either make a left on Tropicana, Harmon, or Flamingo.

It terms of the surcharge, it is $1.80 from the airport. There is no surcharge to the airport. The only way it was "optional" is the cab driver's option to rip you off for a couple of extra dollars.

Unless someone forgot to hit the button, it makes zero sense that a driver would willingly pass-up the surcharge if allowable on a trip fro McCarran. It does make sense what their intention is if they say "it's optional" when driving you back.

Ryan Sep 28th, 2011 12:40 PM

Curious, musicfan did the driver take the freeway? My fare to Wynn was about $18 last time I was there in the spring. Driver should have taken Paradise to Sands Avenue, which brings you to the Wynn with the Venetian on your left. Would be very tough to see how he got to $24.

I suspect the driver took you on the freeway, which means they likely got off the freeway near the Fashion Show Mall. I could see $24 if you asked to take the Strip and there was traffic. But, via the freeway he likely figured that you didn't realize he padded his fare.

musicfan Sep 28th, 2011 01:12 PM

No, Ryan, no freeway (I was prepared to say no to that)...probably I mis-remembered or I included the tip in what I said (no, we did not give a $6 tip).

I wasn't aware that the surcharge was only when leaving the airport and not returning--good to know and I appreciate your clarification.

Samsaf Sep 28th, 2011 01:52 PM

Thanks!

annesherrod Sep 29th, 2011 08:44 AM

taxi's are pricey I think. It was always a $50 roundtrip ride from Mandalay Bay to Winn, etc...

Plan on $25....

Skip the shuttle. It is $8 but it stops at 5 hotels and is panfully slow.