I've posted about the Yosemite portion of our trip in previous threads, and your advice has helped to shape our plans:
So, we will leave Yosemite on Wednesday morning and head to SLO. As I mentioned before the focus of this portion of the trip will be the missions and nature.
We have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and will probably spend Saturday night closer to LAX.
I have no idea where we should base. I would really prefer 3 nights in one location, but don't know where to go.
On my list of interests are missions, a Channel Island nature cruise, some lovely coastal sightseeing. I've heard about Ojai and would like to maybe see the Malibu area (not fancy houses but perhaps the canyon?). It sounds like a smaller town, with access might be better than Santa Barbara, but what do I know...
Suggestions are so welcome.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 2 Road trip California
- 3 Booze & books in NYC
- 4 NASHVILLE AND MEMPHIS..A FEW QUESTIONS
- 5 Saratoga Springs, NY
- 6 Southern Oregon route
- 7 LOS ANGELES TO RENO
- 8 Where would you go in March?
- 9 I need help
- 10 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 11 5 day trip to Portland Maine in October
- 12 Expedia
- 13 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 14 RV Grand Canyon
- 15 Oklahoma City to El Paso
- 16 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 17 Lunch on the North Shore Kauai
- 18 San Diego arpt to Hotel Circle area?
- 19 Las Vegas TR
- 20 10 day California Trip in July
- 21 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 22 New York in 5 days
- 23 Newport Beach restaurants
- 24 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 25 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona