Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   BWANA BOB'S-KONA (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/bwana-bobs-kona-488820/)

tommyd Dec 2nd, 2004 08:13 AM

BWANA BOB'S-KONA

Has anyone stayed at Bwana Bob's on the Kona Coast of the Big Island?? I ran across their site on vrbo, and it looks pretty cool. Let me know what you thought!! Thanks!!!

GloriaE Dec 3rd, 2004 08:43 AM

I have not stayed there, but have heard good things about it. It is close to Pu'uhonua O Honaunau or "Place of Refuge" National Historical Park, which has some great snorkeling just outside the park. That area sometimes gets vog from the volcanoe if that is a problem for you.

pinnacle Dec 7th, 2004 01:43 PM

There are some postings on www.konaweb.com
right now about Bwana Bob's. You might want to check it out there.

cm318 Dec 8th, 2004 05:16 PM

We considered Bwana Bob's when we planned our trip to the Big Island last year. Ultimately we rented a cottage (House of Merriment) very close to the best snorkeling on the Big Island ("two step) -- it is a totally fabulous house -- very large one bedroom, great livingroom & kitchen - hot tub on the deck - great location -- we couldn't have been more pleased. Rents through a company called "Black Bamboo." From the moment we opened the door -- House of Merriment felt like home (only better :-) Can't recommend highly enough -- if you want more detailed info -- feel free to emal me at - [email protected]

Fabulous snorkeling at Two Step (less than a 3 minute drive from the house) -- saw turtles each time we went -- often 8-10 at a time. The best!

Happy travels.

martym Feb 4th, 2005 12:08 PM

My husband and I have staying at Bwana Bob's twice--in the Hawaii cottage. Just loved it. The owners are great. They grow coffee also and provide you with their freshly roasted beans. Also there are many fruit trees on the estate--so you can have freshly squeezed OJ every morning if you want. If you go there, be aware the road up to the estate is a little rough--but we had no trouble with our rental car. And the view of the ocean from the terrace was magnificent.

Tammy_Conley Aug 9th, 2011 03:22 PM

Yes, I have stayed there several times and it is a wonderful, wonderful place. Susan and Steve are friendly, accommodating and they roast the BEST KONA coffee! The property is fabulous! Fruit trees, flowers, etc and is kept up very well. The cottages are exquisite, Susan has an eye for decorating and those Egyptian sheets and comforters are to die for! It is up a 1/2 mile or so driveway but it is worth the drive, especially if you want peace and quiet. You can see the ocean and sunsets from the Lanai's and the Koi Pond is pretty interesting also. I would recommend Bwana Bob's Place and you will love Susan and Steve and cat! BTW- The fresh pineapple, fruit, flowers and coffee will absolutely spoil you and you will want to come back! T Conley AZ

iamq Aug 9th, 2011 03:57 PM

Welcome to Fodors. Wow Tammy, your description that tops this 7 year old thread almost makes me want to stay there the next time we go to the Big Island.

Are there reviews of it on tripadvisor?