Travelling to Cowboys Stadium for a game.

Old Jul 9th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travelling to Cowboys Stadium for a game.

Hi,

My wife and I will spend our holiday this year in California, New Mexico and Dallas. I see that when we're in Dallas the Cowboys/Redskins game is on and I'm hoping to buy a couple of tickets without it costing an arm and a leg (www.stubhub.com perhaps?) but my question is...what's the best way to get to the stadium, if we book a hotel in downtown Dallas? We'll have a rental car but I'm wondering if the car park charges are extortionate or not, and if we'll have to walk miles (my wife is disabled).
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 05:01 AM

No matter which route you take expect to encounter heavy traffic in/around the stadium. From Dallas take I-30 west - it will bring you directly to the stadium. Go early if you want to park close to the stadium. There are shuttle buses from some parking areas.

Go here for more information:
http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/guests/parking.cfm
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 05:08 AM

I'm not sure how much "on-site" parking cost but if you park "off-site" prices range from around $11 to $22. Do a google search for "Cowboy Stadium Parking" and you'll find loads of information and links to almost every parking site in the area.
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 05:16 AM

Here is info from their website about disability parking and transportation from parking lot to stadium for persons with disabilities.

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/guests/parking.cfm
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 05:26 AM

Is it possible you could stay in Arlington (the stadium isn't actually in Dallas)? Arlington has a free trolley system to all the major attractions--Six Flags, Ranger Stadium, Cowboy Stadium and all the hotels listed on this website:

http://www.arlingtontrolley.com/

There is a wide range of hotels and rates on the list. It will save you a ton in parking fees plus the hassle of traffic.

The website says the trolleys are wheelchair accessible if that is needed.

Unless you have to be in downtown Dallas there really isn't anything special about staying there. It's not a nighttime friendly downtown and is mostly just a business district.
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 05:19 PM

If you want to stay in a neat downtown area, Fort Worth is the place to be. There are many restaurants, shops, etc. and there is Molly The Trolley to take you between them.
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 06:28 PM

I agree Ft Worth is much better than Dallas if you want to stay in a downtown area. The Dallas/Ft Worth area is so spread out that everything is not located in downtowns like a lot of cities.
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 07:17 AM
JBX

Would like to point out the Stadium is located in city of Arlington, which is about midway between Fort Worth -- Dallas. And altho downtown Dallas may not have the night life compared to downtown Ft.Worth, you will have a rent car so can avail yourself of other areas if that's priority. Further, if staying in 'uptown' Dallas (just north of core downtown Dallas), then are close to many restaurants, the West Village -- Magnolia movie theatre) as well as American Airline Center ..... AAC used as both sports arena and performance venue.

In downtown Dallas itself, there's the AT&T Performance Ctr (Wyly & Winspear theatres) ..... Meyerson Symphony Hall ...... DMA (Dallas Museum Art) ...... Nasher Sculpture Garden ....... okay, obviously I'm not a big sports fan. Have to admit you'd have to drag me, kicking/screaming to see 'da boys'.

Because I'm NOT a sports fan, unclear what's meant by "NFL lockout" ...... no season ? Anyhow there's alot discussion on sports pages around this issue ..... http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/

Guessing that since Cowboys are big moneymakers for area, (well, certainly for Jerry Jones), then assume any conflicts with NFL should get resolved by time football season gets underway in ???? (yeah, don't even watch football on TV).
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 07:33 AM
JBX

... Also .... again tho have not been to the Cowboys Stadium, it's my impression that ticket holders (season tix?) are able to purchase a parking pass, which may be something a ticket broker could also sell. You'd want to ask about access to disabled parking section ..... since everything is bigger/better in Texas, could easily have a hike when just parking in one of regular lots.

May want to talk w/ hotels themselves (Crescent Hotel / Hotel ZaZa / Ritz / Stoneleigh) which might offer transport to the more popular games ...... since these are several of upscale hotels in what's considered uptown area of Dallas, they likely host quite a few of out-of-towners coming to a Cowboys game.
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Wow, so many good replies and so soon! Maybe Fort Worth would be a better destination for us. I want to see the Kennedy assassination museum but we could easily travel in to see that. My wife informs me she won't be going to the game with me (always assuming the NFL lockout is sorted and the game is actually played), but she does insist on a nice hotel in compensation! Fair enough. I'll look for a 4 star +, in Fort Worth.
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 06:32 PM

Just responded to your other post re: spending your days in the area, then saw this post - glad to see Fort worth has won out on your hotel location choice - look at the Omni or the Renaissance Worthington there.
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again (especially txgirlinbda). I'll check out the Renaissance Worthington first, but also the Hyatt Place in Arlington.
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 07:42 PM

I just posted on your other post about FW or Dallas. I'm glad you've decided on FW, and I have recommended Etta's Place Bed & Breakfast. Don't know the rates, but have posted a link on your other post.
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks jill_h. I appreciate your comments.