BW Capitol Skyline Hotel OK?

Jun 17th, 2002, 06:34 AM
SAlly

BW Capitol Skyline Hotel OK?

I got a rate of $74.50 but am wondering if it is clean, safe, and within short walking distance of a metro? Thanks!

Jun 17th, 2002, 06:40 AM
kris

It is definitely close to the Capitol, but not in the right direction! That neighborhood is sketchy, it's right on a highway, there is nowhere to walk to eat (other than fast food), it's not on a metro line as far as i know, and I probably wouldn't feel safe there at night.

Jun 17th, 2002, 07:21 AM
ilisa

It is a horrible area. It is near the Capitol, but it is really not accessible on foot. There is a Wendy's right across the street, if you can even cross the road, and that is about it. A very scary place.

Jun 18th, 2002, 11:05 AM
don't go there

That is NOT a safe area.
Please do not go by price in major cities.
I have lived and worked in Washington for 30 years and it would NOT be safe for you DAY or NIGHT...

Look for specials - try the Harrington ( an older cheaper hotel) or stay a day shorter at the Holiday Inn downtown the JWMarriott IN addition - don't stay on New York Ave NE. That is real bad too

Jun 20th, 2002, 08:39 PM
pete

Bad, bad, bad location, not near a metro, on very busy commuter street, and in a high crime area. Someone else posted about this one a few months ago and got a lot of alternative suggestions (Crystal City--Holiday Inn was running a $75/night special). Try a search. Another bad corridor to stay away from is New York Avenue (the other BW skyline poster found a rate at a HJ on NY ave).

Search this Thread