Location, Location, Location

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Tim

Location, Location, Location

I am planning a surprise weekend for my wife for our anniversary and I am unsure of the part of town I should stay in. We would like a truly "New York Experience." Some of our activities include; Broadway, Tavern on the Green, walk in central park..... Where do you recommend staying? We would like something upscale and within walking distance/short cab ride to our activities. What cross streets should I be aware of when making my hotel selection??
thanks for the help!

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Frank

Tim: The Essex House on Central Park South sits midway between the Theater District and Tavern on the Green. It's also directly across the street from Central Park, you can't beat the location for the activities you listed. Definitely upscale also.

Other upscale choices that are well located, Trump International Hotel on Columbus Circle, The Plaza Hotel and The Parklane on Central Park South, and of course for the most upscale of all, the Four Seasons on 57th Street, not as well located but just a short taxi to your destinations.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 01:12 PM
xyz

Just a suggestion, you might want to repost with "NYC" in the heading.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Michelle

I would suggest either The Peninsula, the St. Regis or the Pierre. All *very* New York and within walking distance to just about everything you mentioned!

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 01:41 PM
a

Tavern on the GReen - around 65th street just off CEntral Park WEst. Theater district - most theaters are on 44th and 45th STreets between Broadway and 8th AVe. Others are a block or two in either direction.There are a number of upscale hotels on Central PArk SOuth (59th Street). Essex House fits the bill. Other hotels on CPS - Parklane and the Plaza (has 5th Ave. address)

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 07:31 AM
Tim

Thanks for all the great ideas! Have any of you ever stayed at the new Hudson Hotel? How is the location compared to the suggestions you provided in earlier posts?
thanks again!

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Frank

Tim: I topped a thread regarding the Hudson Hotel. If you are looking for trendier suggestions, look into the W Hotel in Times Square.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Mary

Just returned from 6 days in NYC and owe a great debt of thanks to TED who posts here regularly. He recommended the Metropolitan Hotel on 51st and Lexington and it was fantastic, great location to everything and it was our 27th anniversary we celebrated in NYC. We upgraded our room when we arrived to the 17th floor. Can't say enough good things about the Metropolitan....you won't be sorry!