Buffet lines, valet parking vegas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there! I've noticed that many people talk about lines at the buffets. Is there a favorite Buffet you have been to? Most people bring up bellagios and Paris. Is there a good time to go to avoid lines? does the Venetian have a buffet? We are leaving for Nevada, in the middle of July, and are hoping that it will be quiet, with little lines, and plenty of seats for normally sold out shows. Oh, also we will be renting a car, does most of the hotels have valet parking? We want to avoid the parking garages that seem to be miles away from the hotel action. Any thoughts, or comments welcome.
thanks, travelers.
peace
cay
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 11:00 AM

I can't think of any of the main hotels that don't have valet parking, although you may have to wait a bit for your car at certain times (i.e. after a show lets out). The buffet at the Rio can be an experience if you are looking for a wide variety of food. It is huge. Generally, if you want shorter buffet lines, try going a little earlier than prime dinner time. Lines usually get long around 7:00 pm. For breakfast buffets, it you can get an early start and get there before 9:00 am, the lines aren't usually too bad.
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 11:27 AM

The seafood buffet at the Rio is well worth the money and the buffet at Aladdin is great. Neither is one of the less exepnsive, but both are worth the price.
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 11:45 AM

I go in July every year and the popular stuff is never quiet. I always go to the Bellagio buffet. If you gamble, play a bit at Bellagio before dinner and ask for a line pass. If you have a group of people, you can tell guest services that it's a special occascion and they'll give you a line pass even if you're not staying at the hotel. I did this last year.

All the hotels have valet but I find it to be too incovenient a wait. I'd rather spend 5 minutes getting some exercise from the parking garage than stading around for 30 minutes waiting for the car. The only exception is if I'm wearing a suit and going to dinner, I'd rather not be sweaty from the walk but usually end up taking a cab anyway so I don't have to drive after drinking.

A friend of mine was a Bellagio guest and couldn't get O tix on a weekend last August so I'd book ahead for popular shows.
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 06:03 PM

All the big hotels have valet parking, which is the best deal in Las Vegas. There are loads of good buffets, but if the lines are long, I eat elsewhere.
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 12:21 PM
jd

Our favorite buffets are the Spice Garden in the Aladdin, and the buffet at the Bellagio.
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 04:19 AM

I waited a half hour for the buffets at Rio and Paris, but they were worth it.
Bellagio buffet left a lot to be desired.
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 01:12 PM

Hi:
On my last trip to Vegas we rented a car for the first time.
We went valet all the time. Just tipped the guy $2 upon return of vehicle. We had no problems and very pleased. (This was Valentine's Day weekend.)
The buffets I have been to are Treasure Island - did not like & Paris' which was ok.
Would like to go to the Sterling Brunch at Bally's & to Bellagio's = maybe next time!