I'm putting together an itinerary to visit the Bryce Canyon and Zion areas. We don't have MUCH time; we'll be driving from Grand Junction, CO leaving around 1pm on Sunday, September 1st, so that puts us at Bryce around 6:30pm. We'll stay there for the night at a KOA site, then head on to stay in Vegas the next day (we don't really care what time we get into Vegas, though).
We're on a budget, so I'm looking at how we can maximize seeing the beauty of these areas without paying a $25 entry fee to every place we stop. Do you guys have any recommendations? It looks like the Grand Staircase Escalante is free, but Bryce and Zion themselves are $25 each. Or, there's the National Parks and Federal Recreation Annual Pass, which is $80, which essentially would be $30 more for the trip total but give us a year's worth of ability to get into National Parks. Ugh, decisions.
What are your thoughts/suggestions, oh well-traveled community?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://supplementplatform.com/grs-ultra/
- 2 RV Grand Canyon
- 3 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 4 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 5 New York in 5 days
- 6 10 day California Trip in July
- 7 Newport Beach restaurants
- 8 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 9 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 10 I need help
- 11 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 12 Expedia
- 13 Italian Provisions
- 14 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 15 girls trip / oregon
- 16 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 17 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 18 Vacations in New Orleans
- 19 4 days in Miami
- 20 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 21 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 22 Las Vegas TR
- 23 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 24 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 25 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada