Bryce and Grand Canyon from Park city??

Apr 26th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Bryce and Grand Canyon from Park city??

We were all ready to head to Bryce Canyon this summer and found that lodging in Bryce Canyon lodge is booked for the entire summer.

So, we've decided to plan ahead and go to Bryce Canyon and Grand Canyon (south rim) next summer. We will be traveling from Park City, UT. We have already visited Zion Canyon (years back) and want to see areas we've not yet seen. We have two children who will be 10 and 12 by then. They don't like spending days on end in the car (we found that out in Yellowstone)...they prefer to be out hiking, swimming, etc. So, here are my questions:

Should we do Bryce Canyon first or last? How much time should we stay there?

How many days should we stay in Grand Canyon? We've got tentative reservations at El Tovar from July 7-11, 2006. Is that too much time? Too little?

Are there other places on the way we should include, while we're in the area?

Is this a good time to be seeing this part of the country? My kids do like to swim and so far, both of the places we're planning to stay do not have pools...are there other places we should check out that do have pools that would still give us the feel of being close to the Grand Canyon?

I need some place to begin planning...its so far in advance..something new to us!!! This site has been extremely helpful to us in the past. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Search this Thread