bryant park hotel, new york city

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 10:41 PM
heather

bryant park hotel, new york city

Can anyone tell me anything about this new hotel? We are thinking of trying it at the end of August. THanks.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 06:17 AM
Jon

The old American Radiator Building (Landmark) was converted to the Bryant Park Hotel earlier this year. I generally do not care for office buildings that have been converted to hotels (Loews Hotel Philadelphia), but that is my bias. It is located directly opposite Bryant Park and was gut renovated, so everything should be brand spanking new. The lobby was unimpressive in my opinion. Location is central, but not my preference since it fronts on the park, kind of quiet at night.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 08:51 AM
Howard

Walking by, it looks interesting. I think it's a pretty convenient location (West 40th between 5th & 6th Avenues). You can walk to Times Square and the theater district, Empire State Building, Fifth Avenue shopping, etc., and is convenient to both East Side and West Side subways.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 09:23 AM
Caitlin

There was a so-so review in Expedia Travels, but I believe most of the glitches had to do with the fact that it had literally just opened and they didn't have all the services and amenities together, a problem presumably rectified by now.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 07:26 AM
dnolan

Stayed at the Bryant Park in May. They were still working out some of the glitches at that time. The rooms are done in a very stark modern style with hardwood floors, white walls, and Italian design furniture. Best features in the rooms are the bed (very comfortable) and soaking tub. Views over Park are nice (get a high floor) Service was good. Room service menu has the most outrageous prices I have ever seen even in NYC.

Overall my impression was more style than substance but that is the way it is with most boutique hotels.

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 12:17 PM
topping

To the top for Barbara...