Brunch NYC: Verbena or Normas?

Oct 1st, 2002, 12:33 PM
kim

Brunch NYC: Verbena or Normas?

Trying to lay out my itinerary, which at this point seems to be all about food...

Has anyone had Sunday brunch at either Normas or Verbena? We are staying at the Inn at Irving, so Verbena works easily for either brunch or a pre-theater dinner. If we go to Verbena for dinner, then we could go to Normas for Sunday brunch, or conversely, we could do Verbena for brunch and maybe hit Normas for a regular breakfast on another day. I noticed Verbenas brunch is a fixed price ($27) pick an appetizer & entree. Is that how Normas works as well?

thanks for any input!

Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:19 AM
cecilia

I have had Sunday brunch at Norma's two times. I don't think they had a prix fixe menu - most of the entrees were between $15-20. Both times my meals were very good.

You can see the Norma's menu at:
http://www.leparkermeridien.com/nmenu.htm

Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:56 PM
kim

Thanks Cecilia!

No one has an opinion on Verbena?

Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:04 PM
Flynn

I've been to Verbena for dinner and it's very good. They have an outdoor garden that's open in nice weather and it's especially pleasant for brunch.

Norma's is very highly recommended for brunch. It's not that difficult to book at Verbena so my suggestion is to check it out when you arrive since you'll be so close and decide if you want dinner or brunch at Verbena. Both places are good choices.

Search this Thread