Notices

Brunch - Brennans or Court of 2 Sisters?

Old May 15th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brunch - Brennans or Court of 2 Sisters?

We're trying to decide where to go for Brunch since Commanders Palace is booked while we're there (Memorial Day Weekend). Brennans and Court of 2 Sisters have openings. Any thoughts on which one would be best? Brennans seem more expensive and Court of 2 Sisters has the jazz band (I don't believe that Brennans does). Any thoughts?
Old May 15th, 2003, 08:20 AM

I have been to the Court of 2 Sisters Brunch twice and enjoyed it both times. The first time I went with a group of girlfriends and the second time with my family - as far as I know, no one had any complaints. Especially after a few mimosas made with fresh-squeezed orange juice. I haven't been to Brennans so I can't compare the two.
Old May 15th, 2003, 08:27 AM

I would go to the Court of 2 Sisters, not at all for their food (which is just ok), but their fabulous courtyard. I think it is worth the trip at least once just to sit there for brunch!
Old May 15th, 2003, 09:43 AM

Neither!! By all means, go have a cocktail at the courtyard of Court of Two Sisters, but when it comes to eating try Mr. B's or the Palace Cafe. They're both sister properties of Commander's Palace and both are wonderful. Brennan's belongs to a different family member and is vastly overrated for brunch. It's a bona fide tourist trap.
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Dan

I agree with Susan 100%!
Old May 15th, 2003, 04:17 PM

I like the Court of the Two Sisters, but ONLY for the brunch. Is the food that memorable, no not really but its a nice variety and I'm not hard to please in the food dept. Oh, dont forget to stop by MS Rau the big antique store just down the street its like a museum.
Take a peek at the 800,000. blue/green diamond if you do!
Old May 16th, 2003, 05:21 AM

Spent this past weekend in New Orleans. Had Mother's Day jazz brunch at Mr. B's. Excellent all around. Great food, atmosphere and reasonable prices.
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:37 PM

Eeeew! Neither one! I take my friends over to The Veranda on St Charles for brunch, but htey only do it on Sundays.
Old May 19th, 2003, 05:14 PM

Too bad about commanders, it is one of the best brunches!

Agree with above, Brennans is tourist trap.

Court of the two sisters is a good place to sample a lot of things, and the food is ok. The courtyard is nice.

Another alternative is the Gospel brunch at the House of Blues if you like Gospel Music.

I think one of the best brunches in town is in the Fairmont. I also hear the Ritz does a good job, but have not been there.

Very rare to have a bad meal period in NO, but one of the only ones I've had was at Brennans, and I know I am far from being alone.
Old May 20th, 2003, 06:17 AM

We had brunch at Brennan's last Sunday. There was no music. The place is nice, though not impressive. The courtyard is pleasant, but not among the best in NOLA. Service was friendly and not rushed (in spite of dozens of folks, many with reservations, waiting to be seated, making it difficult to navigate through the foyer to the rest rooms and back to the table, and very, very loud). Note that there was quite a long wait in the ladies room (this, in a restaurant!?!) Also rendering the experience loud were many large groups. The menu is overwhelmingly poached egg creations (it's on the website). Prix fixe menu is $35 for three courses, with surcharges for various items, notably their Bananas Foster (which is spectacular, though). The food is very good, but I cannot imagine how they continue to fill that place at those prices! All in all, to me it was the sort of place that makes you re-think whether or not to head for those "not to be missed" places without first checking recent experiences of others.