Brooklyn Italian neighborhood

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Years ago my husband and I spent a memorable Christmas week in Manhattan. One day we walked over the Brooklyn Bridge, around the area with the historical brownstone homes, and then hopped a short cab ride to the Italian neighborhood. There we saw several, small, very authentic family run Italian restaurants, and enjoyed a memorable meal at one. I am wondering if anyone can tell me the main street/streets of this Brooklyn-Italian neighborhood, as my sister is interested in visiting old N.Y. neighborhoods on her upcoming trip (she loves literary history - think the brownstone homes were once lived in by literary figures - and authentic Italian food!). Thanks very much!
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 07:05 PM

I believe you are talking about Dyker Heights. Go to Dykerheights.com and you will find a map. We had an incredible time walking around there last Christmas.
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 07:07 PM

wait, now I'm not sure. Was the neighborhood one where they have amazing Christmas light displays? If so, that's the one I'm talking about.
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 08:23 PM

The Cobble Hill/Carroll Gardens area is also a possibility. It's just south of Brooklyn Heights and still is a bit of an Italian neighborhood, though times are changing. The bakery used in the movie "Moostruck" is located there.
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much. This was very helpful, and I forwarded the info to my sister. (I think it must have been the Caroll Hill/Cobble Gardens area.)