Boutique Hotel in North Beach, San Francisco

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boutique Hotel in North Beach, San Francisco

I am headed to San Fracisco in mid April and I'm looking for a recommendation for a great, small, boutique hotel in the North Beach. There are a million hotels to choose from online and I've never been, so I have no idea about any of these. Any recommendations?

Also, great places for dinner. It's my boyfriends birthday, and I'd love to find a funky, new american, style restaurant that you don't read about in every travel book.

Any ideas?
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 10:45 AM

I may be mistaken, but I don't think you will find any boutique hotels, or many hotels if that in the North Beach Area. I know there is a B&B on Washington Square (Washington Square Inn?) and there is a hotel/motel on Broadway near Columbus. Most of the hotels in SF are concentrated downtown (Union Square/Financial District) and in Fisherman's Wharf.

Check out Chowhound for the answer to your second question. http://www.chowhound.com/california/...francisco.html. Myth comes highly recommended, but I haven't been there so I can attest to its ambiance.
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Oh, good to know. Someone just told me to stay in that area. Are there other boutique hotels in Union Square or the Fisherman's Wharf that I should know about?
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Neopolitan

I'd call The Inn on Washington Square a nice little boutique hotel. To me a Bed and Breakfast is somebody's house where they rent out a couple of rooms and give you breakfast -- that's NOT the Inn on WS.
I realize today some people think boutique hotel means huge with designer minimalist rooms done by Starke and not enough room to turn around in, but a think a charming small hotel like the Inn at Washington Square right next to the fun Moose's, would be a great place to stay in North Beach. And Moose's might be great for dinner.

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 12:07 PM

Moose's has gone through a lot of changes and it might not be as good as it was once..just a few people's thoughts.
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 12:10 PM
SAB

Restaurant suggestions: try Canteen or Range.