Reload this Page >

Bourbon Orleans - $69 ??

Search

Bourbon Orleans - $69 ??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 07:39 PM
Cathie

Bourbon Orleans - $69 ??

Found a really great rate for this hotel for June dates...is this too good to be true - should I be cautious of these low rates?

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 04:02 AM
John

That's a really good rate. June is low season so the rates are down. Yes, $69 sounds a bit cheap to me as well but it's a dynamite rate for that property. Go for it! (You may want to make sure it's not a room with one twin bed or anything like that, however!!)

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 01:09 PM
Cathie

Ok, now I am more confused..just decided to jump on that rate right away like you
suggested so I emailed them and asked about the dates and what the charge for parking would be etc...well, he emails me quite promptly and says that the parking is $24 a day - yikes - and that the charge for the room will be $149 per day....whatever happened to my $69 rate which came up on their own website when I put in the dates I wanted??...when I added a Sunday date to that it only went to $99 for Sunday and $69 on Monday, Tuesday etc. Is this normal for the hotel itself to quote a much higher rate..?
Le Richelieu emailed me back since I could not get definite rates off their website and quoted me $99 for a standard room and they have free parking..any help would be appreciated...I am becoming a bit stressed here...thanks..

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 04:48 AM
John

The rate discrepancies at the Bourbon Orleans are confusing. My suggestion is to always book online if you find a certain rate available because it's harder for the hotel to change it once it's booked! Sometimes, they have rates loaded into the central reservations systems that the local reservationists don't even know about!

Parking at $24 sounds high but not terribly unusual for the French Quarter. Also remember the room/sales tax of approx. 13% each night. Some small inns and B&Bs quote all-inclusive rates (tax included) so be sure to ask whether it's been added or not.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 08:41 AM
teri

I, too, have some issues regarding my reservation at the Boubon Orleans. I made reservations thru the hotel at $199. per night for four people. I called the hotel when I saw the postings on the internet for a significantly lower rate. When I called the hotel they said that the internet site was for two double beds. The reservations do say doubles. I'm not sure what to do. I hate to get there and my room is substandard, but I also hate paying way more for the same room. The hotel did say my reservations were for a deluxe. I don't think the hotel is being up front with me, but I find the internet site suspicious.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 08:43 AM
teri

I'm sorry, the hotel told me the internet site reservations were for two twin beds.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 06:19 PM
Cathie

I am not sure what website that you were looking at because the one that is www.bourbonorleans.com is their official website, I presume, and for the dates that I put in they gave me five dif. room rates which specifically listed type of accommodation along with the price - this is what it gave me for a date in June for a week night...
2 dbls. - $69
2 singles - $49
1 queen - $69
1 King - $69
Queen Townhouse - $109
It did state that these were not balcony rooms and for them you had to call the hotel directly so that may be one reason for my discrepancy in the rate he emailed me..maybe he was quoting a weekend balcony room...(can only hope).

John,
Once you make the reservations on the website they are obligated by that, arent't they?

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 04:01 AM
John

If you had to call the hotel directly, then these rates are probably "teasers" which are rarely actually available. I hate that! A true internet special rate, IMHO, would be bookable online (which is cheaper for the hotel and makes more sense anyway).

I've never had an airline or hotel try to change the rate once it was confirmed online. In fact, booking online means someone probably never even looks at it until you check in...it goes directly from my computer to their reservations database!

I think I'd call the B.O. reservations manager and tell them this is being discussed on some travel boards and that you think the rates should be honored. It can't hurt!

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Lisa

I booked at turbotrip for last august and the rate was $69--it's true. I just booked at The Iberville Suites for Halloween at a $99 rate. Believe it in the summer though--and remember it's UNBEARABLY HOT!