Boston: Westin Copley or Sheraton at the Pru

Nov 2nd, 2011, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Boston: Westin Copley or Sheraton at the Pru

Both of these hotels seem like identical twins. Any differences between the two?
Nov 3rd, 2011, 04:35 PM
cw

I live in Boston so I haven't stayed at either. The Westin is newer and is connected to the Copley Place mall. The Sheraton is the other end of the connected interior walkways from Copley Place to the Prudential Center shops. So you can walk between them without going outside.

Both are convenient to public transport and equally convenient to the inside shopping area.

Some of the Sheraton rooms have been renovated, I'm not sure about the Westin. So they may be like twins, though the Sheraton is larger and may have more convention guests. I would check reviews of both, which you may have already done. Is there anything in particular that you are looking for? Otherwise, I'd be inclined to go with the best rate.
Nov 8th, 2011, 12:36 PM

I live in Boston and have stayed at both. The Westin is far superior. The Sheraton is run down and caters to conventions..
Nov 9th, 2011, 06:29 AM

Agreed that the Westin is the better of the two hotels. Have stayed in both
Nov 25th, 2011, 07:44 PM

I've stayed in both, too. The Westin has much nicer rooms.
Nov 25th, 2011, 07:49 PM

Just wanted to add that if you have no particular need to stay at either of these, I'd look at The Lenox Hotel. It's a small boutique hotel on Boylston Street, very close to the Prudential ( a few blocks) and the shopping/restaurants on Newbury Street. The hotel has excellent service and some really lovely rooms, esp. the corner executive kings. I've been able to sometimes find specials online.
Nov 26th, 2011, 07:58 AM

We stayed at the Westin for three nights, a few years ago in February. We were very glad to have that sky bridge connecton to the Prudential Center, which gave us more dinner options without going out into the freezing rain. I would definitely stay there again. This was a priceline purchase; dont remember how much we paid but it was a three week, multi city trip and I do remember we didn't pay more than $125 anywhere.