Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Boston tomorrow and Monday! (with kids) (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/boston-tomorrow-and-monday-with-kids-1093871/)

Kelleher2016 Apr 9th, 2016 03:11 PM

Boston tomorrow and Monday! (with kids)

I'm staying at the marriot on long wharf with my three young children (9,7 and 5). We were planning to do the aquarium which is why we booked this particular hotel as it's across the street. I'm being told the science museum is much better...we are arriving later tomorrow in the afternoon and really just have monday for a museum so which would you choose? My kids love animals, but if it's the only thing we can do should we do the science museum instead? Also, what should we do in the seaport late afternoon tomorrow? THANK YOU!!

Ackislander Apr 9th, 2016 03:44 PM

The kids are good ages for the Aquarium and for the Children's Museum, which isn't far away. They will enjoy the pool at the Marriott Long Wharf, which overlooks the harbor. There is an IMAX theatre next to the Aquarium. Depending on the weather, it is a short walk to Hanover Street in the North End, where they can enjoy pastries or gelato. There is a carousel in the Rose Kennedy Greenway. If they know "make Way for Ducklings", you can take them to the Public Garden to see the duckling statues. Take a Duck Boat tour.

Wait until the youngest is 9 before worrying about the Science Museum.

But I hope for decent weather.

Kelleher2016 Apr 9th, 2016 03:57 PM

Thank you! I heard there is a lookout tower too....are you familiar with that? Thanks for your input about the science museum....I'll stick with the original plan and save the rest for another trip.

Ackislander Apr 10th, 2016 12:18 AM

The Marriott Customs Tower is a couple of blocks up State Street from your hotel. It is interval condominiums, but the top floor has a deck from which to view the city and harbor.

Check with the concierge at your hotel for details.

Of course, you are across the street from Quincy Market, which has a lot of hohum stores but also a lot of kid friendly places to eat in the main building. A lot!

But if the weather is lousy, the pool is your friend!

gail Apr 10th, 2016 02:29 AM

You can have a great day and a half right near your hotel. Listen to Ackislander. According to Duck Tour website, you can buy a combo ticket to Aquarium and Duck Tour which leaves from Aquarium. Weather is not supposed to be wonderful, so maybe skip the Duck Tour - or take it when you arrive on Sunday. Monday 4/11 is opening day for Red Sox - good reason to stay out of the Kenmore Square area or even Copley - but that is not really in the area of your plans.

After the Aquarium, you can watch boats in Boston Harbor (from the back of your hotel) or take a walk over the Quincy Market. For you - you might consider dinner in the North End (Italian). Almost every place has really good pizza if that is what the kids want and you could have a decent meal. Or do that for lunch.

All within walking distance of your hotel.

flpab Apr 10th, 2016 04:59 AM

The Freedom Trail. I was 8 on my first visit and we did the historical stops.