Notices

Boston, MA information

May 5th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Original Poster

Boston, MA information

Going to Boston for three days and just want to know what areas to avoid at night. I saw a topic posted in 2007, but I'd like some updated information. Specifically, I would like to know if it is relatively safe to walk from the Government "T" stop to the Financial District (Broad Street) after 11 p.m.?
May 5th, 2011, 07:31 PM
yk

Yes, it is safe. Very very few tourist areas (esp where hotels are) are UNsafe in Boston. If you walk from Government Center, stay on State Street heading East, then make a R onto Broad Street. Since it's in the financial district, it will be QUIET at night, but that does not mean it's UNsafe.

If you don't feel too comfortable on a quiet street, I'd take State Street East all the way to Atlantic Ave, turn R (south) on Atl Ave, then make a R onto Broad Street.
May 6th, 2011, 04:37 AM

Or, you can walk from Government Center past Faneuil Hall and through Quincy Market, which should be busy enough at that time of night owing to all the bars and restaurants.

Or, you can change to the Blue Line outbound at Government Center and get off at Aquarium. If you come out at the end that is NOT marked for the Aquarium and Long Wharf, you are almost at the end of Broad on State.

Search this Thread