Boston Hotel Help! Langham Hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2005, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're making our first trip to Boston for a long weekend in mid-June. We're trying to find a nice hotel that is centrally located and affordable. We're interested in the Langham Hotel (formerly the Le Meridan) - seems like a cool hotel and normally would be out of our price range but have found a good special rate. Any thoughts on this how this hotel rates along with any other recommendations would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Old May 31st, 2005, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

moving to the top...come on...somone knows something about boston...
Old May 31st, 2005, 12:36 PM

What is the "special" rate you have found?
Old May 31st, 2005, 12:38 PM

I live right outside of Boston and have stayed at a few hotels in the city, but not this one in particular. I know the location is good and that they are well-know for a Sept - June chocolate buffet. Check the reviews at www.tripadvisor.com and see what those folks have to say. I liked the Hotel Marlowe in Cambridge, but I'd have to say that it is not "central". Any hotel near Copley Plaza would be good. Enjoy your first visit to Boston! You'll have a great time
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:16 PM

Just booked 3 nights for the price of 2 at the Langham on www.langhamhotels.com for June 10. $490 for 3 nights in a superior room. They also have standard rooms for $140 a night.

The reviews on Tripadvisor are very good.
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:26 PM

i lived in boston for a while and worked near that hotel (a long time ago). it had a very good reputation among business visitors but that was so long ago that it doesn't much matter now.

the location, however, i can comment - it's not very well located for a leisure traveller. that area of the financial district is dead after office hours and totally dead on the weekend.

however, i would not have a problem staying there as it is lovely. if being in a great, buzzing location is what you want, this place does not fit. boston is quite compact so you can walk to the waterfront (10 min) in one direction or copley/back bay (1/2 hour). walking out of your hotel, you will be in a ghost town for a few to several blocks in each direction.
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:34 PM

i forgot to mention...i would favour back bay/copley as the area to stay. there are many hotels here and it has the most to please all kinds of people. always a nice atmosphere, day or night and great on the weekends.
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:30 AM

We stayed at this hotel when it was Le Meridian. (I am assuming changes were made) I had to complain about the 1st room assigned as it was very tiny, dark, and no view (I was paying for better). Staff was snooty. Room was nice and location is okay, but not right next to any subway stops. Back bay is preferable in my opinion. Financial district is pretty dead at night, though if you are careful, probably not too unsafe. Le Fleuri had great brunch. Can't remember name of main restaurant, but it was way too pricey for us. We recently stayed a Back Bay Hilton, (not as much charm) but we were pleasantly surprised by room, view, great beds, etc. Wherever you end up I am sure you will have a great time. Good luck.