Notices

Boston area for Halloween

Old Oct 9th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Boston area for Halloween

We are staying in Ipswich (Salem was booked) and are looking for fun, interesting activities for the 3 nights. What is going on in Salem on Haloween night? Anything else that is cool to do? We would love to find great dinner / night spots. We have a car and dont mind driving. Any ideas?
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 10:37 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have you looked at www.hauntedhappenings.com? It lists all events going on. Or try www.salemweb.com. There will be a lot of costume parties(probably sold out)and it will be impossible to get into a restaurant or bar on Halloween in Salem or to find parking. Take the train from Ipswich. Just walking around for a few hours and people/costume watching is fun.
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks...I did check it out. DO you think the best costume party is at the Hawethorne Hotel on Sat.??? We are looking for a party on Sat. night, and tickets appear to still be available.
Thanks so much!
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 04:55 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
At this late date, you probably should take any tickets that you can get if you really want to go to one of the parties. As tudorprincess mentioned, it can be fun just walking around and taking in the sights if it is a nice night.
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 05:07 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I haven't been to the Hawthorne's ball, I've been to Laurie Cabots witches ball and it was a real drag. I agree that you should take whatever is available at this point. Victoria Station has good food and is on the water as well as Finz. Cilantro is a more upscale mexican restaurant on Derby St. across from the Salem WAX museum and the cemetery. But seriously, you will have to take whatever is available. The Hawthorne party would include food.
Also, walk down the pedestrian mall on Essex St. to check out all the costumes. There are street vendors selling sausage sandwiches and cider and what not.
Did you try to get a hotel in Danvers? It's closer than Ipswich. There's a Days Inn on Endicott St. or the Tara Sheraton Ferncroft but as I said parking will be the problem in Salem.
And buy some chocolate from the oldest candy company in America, the Ye Olde Pepper Company across from the House of the 7 Gales. I love their dark chocolate covered nuts and their truffles are to die for! Have a great time!
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 05:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to add a visit to The House of the 7 Gables for one of their special Halloween tours and don't forget the trolley that takes you all over town and tells you about the towns history. Get tickets at The Trolley Depot on Essex St.