Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   "borrowing" tickets for SeaWorld? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/borrowing-tickets-for-seaworld-726335/)

bs83 Aug 4th, 2007 11:16 AM

"borrowing" tickets for SeaWorld?

We're heading out to San Diego tomorrow morning and as it so turns out my cousin's family all went to there last week and bought SeaWorld tickets (the 2 days for the price of 1) but they only stayed one day and wont be going back anytime soon. So she offered to give us their 2nd day tickets. Can we do that? Do they have names on them? Do they ask for ids? It'd be really nice for us...that saves us $200, which was the bulk of our trip expense. But I'm worried we'll get to the gate and they won't accept them for some reason. :/

dawnnoelm Aug 4th, 2007 11:30 AM

was there a date to use them by? Often WDW 2 day passes have a time period on them...

TahitiTams Aug 4th, 2007 11:44 AM

Call 1-800-25-SHAMU and ask..
If its etickets, the answer is no since they have their name and you need id and cc#.

I wish you luck because $200 is lots of $$!

seaworld.com

LN Aug 4th, 2007 12:09 PM

tickets must be used before 12/26/07

User MUST present photo ID with ticket at San Diego

Sorry!!

dawnnoelm Aug 4th, 2007 12:16 PM

they never asked us for photo id when we went over spring break. I would suggest you try and if they ask - just pay for your admission.

cpeicott Aug 4th, 2007 07:57 PM

Hi,
We were at SD SW a few months ago and they took our fingerprints!
I also was going to pass my tickets on to a relative and realized that they probably would not be able to use them, assuming that they would check to see if the prints matched.

MikeT Aug 4th, 2007 10:45 PM

Just pay for the tickets yourself. Do you really want your children to see you getting caught breaking the rules or giving them the lesson that it's okay to break rules, even if you don't get caught?

kleroux Aug 5th, 2007 02:29 PM

Sorry I'd at least try. I can't believe some student at a gate can read fingerprints!!! Just don't look guilty. Even show I.D. if asked. The tickets were paid for not stolen, after all...

freeman0819 Aug 5th, 2007 02:42 PM

<<Just pay for the tickets yourself. Do you really want your children to see you getting caught breaking the rules or giving them the lesson that it's okay to break rules, even if you don't get caught?>>

Oh please, this is not armed robbery... It does NOT hurt to try. If it doesn't work, look confused, and go buy a ticket at the ticket office.

dawnnoelm Aug 5th, 2007 02:45 PM

freeman - that is what I would do as well. No big deal imo.

shaz60 Aug 5th, 2007 02:48 PM

I agree. The tickets have been paid for not stolen and if your cousin's family uses them or you use them, what difference does it make?

lincasanova Aug 5th, 2007 03:55 PM

otherwise, if you have a friend who belongs to AAA, she can buy you some discounted tickets.

i donīt recall names being asked, but maybe things have changed since i was there.

1JAR Aug 5th, 2007 05:26 PM

It would be interesting to have the OP rtn and post the outcome... I'd like to hear what happened if the OP tried to use the 2 for 1 tickets...

BetsyinKY Aug 5th, 2007 06:50 PM

I recently took a group of students to Universal Studios in Orlando. We had two day passes and on the pass it said something about needing a photo ID. I was worried, because most of the students didn't have a photo ID with them, but our tour guide said not to worry, because they use a fingerprint instead. Sure enough, on the first day when we went in, we had to put our thumb onto a scanner, which presumably read and stored our print. On the second day, when we put our tickets into the reader, we again had to have our thumbprint scanned before the turnstile would move. From what another poster has said, it sounds like Sea World has a similar system. I suppose you could try the tickets, as long as you don't mind the possible hassle/embarassment if they don't work.

Dukey Aug 6th, 2007 12:25 AM

Interesting responses from the same people who are pissed off about illegal aliens.

Mincepie Aug 6th, 2007 03:17 AM

With the finger print scanner, I'm prettysure you will not be able to use them. You will not only be embarassed, you will have to join yet another line!

gmoney Aug 6th, 2007 04:00 AM

"Just pay for the tickets yourself. Do you really want your children to see you getting caught breaking the rules or giving them the lesson that it's okay to break rules, even if you don't get caught?"

MikeT get off your moral soapbox. The tickets were purchased and not used, why shouldn't they try to use them. It's not like the tickets were stolen or something, no rules were broken. If they can use them, great, if not then just purchase tickets. No harm, no foul.

starrsville Aug 6th, 2007 04:19 AM

"no rules were broken"

Not so sure about that, or there wouldn't be all of this discussion on asking for IDs and do they check the fingerprints.

I agree with MikeT.

If the tickets say they are transferable, then "no rules were broken". If the tickets are non-transferable, then rules ARE broken to use them.

hop_along Aug 6th, 2007 05:39 AM

Fingerprints to get into SeaWorld??? You folks can't be serious. (Can you?)

GoTravel Aug 6th, 2007 05:53 AM

I think Sea World and amusement parks have started fingerprinting and tightening up on their multi days passes is because of the abuse to the system.