18 Year Olds in NOLA thread gone, Secret Moderator out of control

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone remember the "18 Yr Olds in NOLA" thread? Asked for hotel recommendations, among other things.

A Fodorgarch who posts on virtually every thread, across all the forums, immediately said no, as is her wont: 18 year olds can't stay alone at "most, if not all" hotels.

Because the OP asked about the Loew's NO, and because her naysaying annoys me, I live chatted with Loew's on the spot and was told no problem, 18 year olds with a credit card are fine to check in at any Loew's property, including NO.

So I posted that, and pointed out that the Fodorgarch was quite wrong, and probably wrong about a lot of other stuff no one ever calls her on.

The Fodorgarch snarked back, something about my "usual ranting". And I posted again, saying that she could be as snarky as she wants to be, but she was still busted.

And guess what? My remarks about being wrong were deleted, while hers accusing me of "ranting" remained. (As did my informative post about Loew's.)

So I triangled her remark, asking why she gets to say I'm ranting, but all my defenses are deleted.

Guess what now?

THE WHOLE THREAD IS GONE.

I find this to be a shameless abuse of Secret Moderator power. And even though I know she'll delete this entire thread as well, I feel the need to yawp loudly about it.

Good information was deleted because a Fodorgarch and Secret Moderator is too big an egotist to stand corrected. And a new poster now has absolutely no reason to come back to this ridiculous forum.

Shame on IB for letting this kind of thing happen on a formerly respectable forum.
Old Dec 20th, 2017, 06:48 PM

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
I’m pretty sure it’s only men who get the 72 virgins when they die. Women get one guy, and they are stuck with him. Not fair but there you go.

Just in case that’s your plan.