Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

booking hotels on Orbitz.com -- hidden cancellation or other fees?

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 02:09 PM
wondering

I've been checking hotel rates and have found on several occasions that the rates on Orbitz.com are considerably lower than the rates on the hotel websites or Expedia or Travelocity, even when the same rate promotion name is used ("great rates" from Holiday Inn for example)
Am I missing something here? Anyone know of any fees I can't see that I would be charged if I need to change my plans ?
The only details I see are
"guarantee: no rate specific guarantee information is available" (Huh? what does that mean?)
cancellation: 1 day"
Assuming that I cancel more than one day in advance, I won't be charged anything?
I know that someone recently "complained" about an unexpected charge she had using Expedia, so I don't want to be guilty of being equally unaware !

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 02:25 PM
xxx

Here we go again with the "hidden fees" posts...

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 02:29 PM
wondering

Actually, I was trying to avoid the comments about how I didn't read the fine print and then came here to complain-- I've always thought of this as a good forum to get information IN ADVANCE, so as to avoid potential problems...
Any Fodorites with recent experience with Orbitz, especially with cancelling? Thank you in advance for your help

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 02:46 PM
kwl

I've used Orbitz for several reservations which I then cancelled within the timeframe. No problem with any fees.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 05:19 PM
topping

ttt