Notices

Booking flights

Reply

Feb 12th, 2004, 08:09 AM
  #1
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 228
Booking flights

Have condo reservations in October on Maui & Kauai. Should I wait until 6 months before leaving to book airfare? Wait until after spring break pricing? Prices seem kinda high now-700+. Going from MI. What's the best strategy for best pricing? Just checking everyday or does anyone know of a month that is more likely to be lower?? Thanks a bunch!!
tommyd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:09 PM
  #2
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 12,003
I'd sign up for Travelocity's fare alerts. By summer, you might start to see better prices. You don't say where you will be traveling from, so $700 might not be that bad.
bettyk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:23 PM
  #3
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,050
Just keep checking. Sometimes they drop without notice for no apparent weekend. For ex., I had been looking at fares to Italy for this September, and they were at about $860. Last weekend, they dropped to under $500 on Orbitz, and there was a thread about it on the Europe forum, and many people got in on the sale. Then they went back up. I'm sure they'll come down again, but you just have to be persistent. Keep checking the fares, and when you find one you are comfortable with, grab it. Also, I've always found Orbitz to come up with the best fares. Good luck.
almesq is offline  
Reply With Quote
 



Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:38 AM.