Notices

Booking flights

Feb 12th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Booking flights

Have condo reservations in October on Maui & Kauai. Should I wait until 6 months before leaving to book airfare? Wait until after spring break pricing? Prices seem kinda high now-700+. Going from MI. What's the best strategy for best pricing? Just checking everyday or does anyone know of a month that is more likely to be lower?? Thanks a bunch!!
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:09 PM

I'd sign up for Travelocity's fare alerts. By summer, you might start to see better prices. You don't say where you will be traveling from, so $700 might not be that bad.
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:23 PM

Just keep checking. Sometimes they drop without notice for no apparent weekend. For ex., I had been looking at fares to Italy for this September, and they were at about $860. Last weekend, they dropped to under $500 on Orbitz, and there was a thread about it on the Europe forum, and many people got in on the sale. Then they went back up. I'm sure they'll come down again, but you just have to be persistent. Keep checking the fares, and when you find one you are comfortable with, grab it. Also, I've always found Orbitz to come up with the best fares. Good luck.

Search this Thread