Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Blue Water Grill/Manhattan (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/blue-water-grill-manhattan-130973/)

elaine Jun 19th, 2001 07:05 AM

Blue Water Grill/Manhattan

Have very early lunch reservation at Blue Water Grill this Saturday. Should I request a particular section? We will be celebrating someone's birthday. <BR>Thanks!

Ellen Jun 19th, 2001 09:54 AM

Upstairs is generally quieter. Outside tables accomodate 2 or 4 persons only.

Caitlin Jun 19th, 2001 10:19 AM

I don't think noise will be a problem for your Sat lunch the way it is at dinner, but upstairs is nicer for lunch anyway (daytime light, etc.). Ask for a table up the couple of steps to your left as you walk in (toward the outdoor section). The area straight back as you walk in is much more cramped, plus the other section puts you near the open windows/doors, even if you don't sit outside.

elaine Jun 19th, 2001 12:00 PM

Ellen and Caitlin, <BR> <BR>Thanks for your suggestions! Firsthand <BR>information is always my preference.

John & Denise Jun 19th, 2001 03:25 PM

My husband and I will be in the city June 28-30 for our first trip there together. He is a huge seafood fan and I've heard the name of this restaurant before. Sounds good - any first hand comments on what to get and prices would be very appreciated. <BR>Denise

elaine Jun 19th, 2001 05:01 PM

Denise, <BR>To link to Blue Water Grill (there is a sample menu, etc.) go to: <BR>www.brguestine.com/bluewater/about.htm <BR>We will dine there on Saturday. If you want first-hand info, I'll be happy to post a review. <BR>We also have enjoyed dining at Aqua Grill in the past and have never been disappointed.

denise Jun 19th, 2001 05:03 PM

Elaine, <BR>Thanks, I'd love a review. <BR>Denise

elaine Jun 19th, 2001 05:03 PM

Correction to my earlier post. Correct link is: <BR>www.brguestinc.com/bluewater/about.htm <BR>or just try: <BR>www.brguestinc.com <BR>

elaine Jun 23rd, 2001 02:37 PM

Note to Caitlin: Thanks for seating recommendation - perfect, even in the rain!<BR>Note to Denise: my subjective 'review' -<BR>Blue Water Grill has ambiance, fantastic service and exceptional menu/meal. If your husband enjoys seafood/fish, I think you may both enjoy this dining experience. The raw bar is outstanding (oysters in particular), shrimp cocktail served in martini glasses, huge and fresh. Our 3 entrees were: lobster roll, lobster salad and swordfish wrap. All served w/jicama slaw and garlic potato chips. The bread is fresh and tasty. <BR>If comparing Blue Water Grill to Aqua Grill I think the chefs tie. Ambiance much nicer at Blue Water Grill, but the prices are higher (and perhaps a bit smaller) than Aqua Grill. I would return to both anytime.<BR>Enjoy your trip to New York!

Caitlin Jun 23rd, 2001 06:18 PM

Elaine, glad you enjoyed your lunch and to hear the food is still very good, as I haven't been in a couple of years. That was some rain today, hmm?<BR><BR>To Denise: note that you really must make a reservation for dinner and you still may have to wait a bit, as it's a very popular place. There is often live jazz downstairs at night, so the downstairs room gets quite loud. One of the better choices in town for moderately-priced seafood, with a fun and elegant atmosphere (it's in a classic bank building).

topper Jun 25th, 2001 04:00 AM

to the top, for Denise