Blue Man Group - Las Vegas

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 06:17 PM
carol

Blue Man Group - Las Vegas

Trying to decide whether or not to get tickets for Blue Man Group at the Luxor for my family (including boys ages 10 & 14). I need advice on seating. They have 2nd row center seats and the agent says its great because you may get to participate in the show. I know that they give you ponchos. Can you see everything well in the 2nd row? My other option is 12th row on the right side but on the isle... Thanks to those that have been there!

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 06:34 PM
Emily

We sat in row 12 on the right hand aisle and had a great view. The theatre is small and unobstructed, so I think you could see well from any area. Yes, they gave the people in the first 10 rows a plastic poncho, but I didn't see much messiness going on, although perhaps it varies from night to night. I would think that 10 and 14 year old boys would get a big kick out of sitting in the 2nd row!

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 07:04 PM
carol

Emily -Thanks...Is the 2nd row right so close to the stage that you have to look up like in a movie theater or can you get a full view of all that's going on???

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 06:02 AM
ca

Carol, we sat in the front row at the Chicago show last Wed. The seats were great(a Blue Man walked over me to get to the back of the theater!) We did not get anything thrown or splattered on us. My kids could not stop laughing during the show( they are the same age as yours.) Great show!

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 08:40 AM
xxx

I saw Blue Man in Chicago a few weeks ago. It is a very small theater so only the first 5 rows or so got panchos. The show, IMO, was pretty messy. It was also at 10PM on a Saturday so maybe it was a little different than an earlier show. Although most people in this section didn't get much, if anything, on them, several got hit with quite a bit of "gooh". Also, people who didn't have their pancho hoods pulled up and had collared shirts on got "gooh" on their collars. Everyone who was pulled from the audience were on the isle seats. It didn't matter how far back you sat.

I know this doesn't deal with the Luxor but hope this helps a little in making your decision.

By the way,the show was absolutely great. I would go see them again in a second.