Notices

Block Is and Bristol

Aug 19th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Block Is and Bristol

My husband and I will be going to Block Island and Bristol, RI for our anniversary in September and would like recommendations regarding a wonderful place for a celebration dinner at either or both places. Thanks.
Aug 19th, 2004, 09:58 AM
sam

If you type in block island in the search window you'll see some subjects on lodging and restaurants.
Aug 19th, 2004, 10:23 AM

I can't speak for Bristol, RI but I can safely and heartily recommend the Atlantic Inn for any celebatory meal on Block Island. Second choice would be Winfield's. And runner-up might be Bethany's Diner (for lunch) at the airport for really great food and lots of local color-but no atmosphere whatsoever. Skip the Manisses (tired, old, a bit run-down) or Eli's (enormous portions, wonderful food but lacks intimacy). And bear in mind, this is an island, so expectations for fine dining should be within context.

Obviously, this info. is all in my very humble opinion.
Aug 19th, 2004, 11:07 AM

I lived in Bristol for a few years. Though never been there, I think a good restaurant for celebration is the Lobster Pot, as it's right on the water. The one I've been to a few times is SS Dion. Great food, and across a park from the harbor.

Another solid choice would be the Wharf Tavern in Warren, RI, just a few minutes up the road. It's also ON the water. Great view, good food, good atmosphere.

Search this Thread