Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Big Mistake, but didn't know it. (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/big-mistake-but-didnt-know-it-780040/)

GypsyMaiden Apr 19th, 2009 04:59 PM

Big Mistake, but didn't know it.

Woops. I had a very stressful November -March timeframe at work, and was locked out of the computer system several times out of stress, and became teary and frustrated the last time it happened.

A gal that was leaving employment with us, told me I could use hers. So I did, until a few weeks passed to where I felt comfortable asking for mine to be reset for the umpteenth time....well, an external audit caught it. So, I am in deep trouble. So are the folks who did the internal audit, I would think.

My supervisor was great, and I know this is serendipity in that it could have been much worse, if someone with bad intentions did it. I am just one who unintentionally goofed up and now the company will benefit with this information, and have a better way of checking everything.

OUCH. Though. It was a hard Thursday and Friday at work.

GypsyMaiden Apr 19th, 2009 05:11 PM

AND or should I say, at least this is my part time job. Although its not my full time job, I still need it for paying rent. BOY it was a SHOCKER when I found out. Tears were rolling..

vjpblovesitaly Apr 19th, 2009 05:21 PM

What in the world are you talking about

olesouthernbelle Apr 19th, 2009 05:41 PM

She obviously breached a computer policy. NO sharing of passwords, etc.

JayZee Apr 19th, 2009 05:43 PM

This should have been placed on Twitter..... Certainly not on a travel forum!!

Placename Apr 19th, 2009 06:34 PM

What does this have to do with USA travel?

sobster Apr 19th, 2009 06:44 PM

People. People. Cool down there. Obviously, the poster posted in the wrong place. Show a little kindness or whatever.

LoveItaly Apr 19th, 2009 08:05 PM

No doubt GypseyMaiden who is always a lovely poster intended to post this thread in the Lounge and in error posted it on the US Forum.

suze Apr 20th, 2009 06:13 AM

gypseymaiden~ I am not quite sure I follow the story, but am sorry for your troubles at work.

And obviously Fodor's moved this thread from the US forum to The Lounge.

goddesstogo Apr 20th, 2009 06:18 AM

Gypsymaiden -- I'm sorry too. The possibility of things going wrong always get worse at stressful times in our lives, doesn't it? I'm sorry to hear there were tears and fears but it's great that you have an understanding supervisor who obviously trusts you.

Bushranger Apr 20th, 2009 06:32 AM

You should have a Chloe Obrien ex CTU OR that other nearly UB look alike computer wizz from the FBI centre on your team and they'd have your system cleaned up in no time.

GypsyMaiden Apr 21st, 2009 03:52 AM

Thank you. Yes, I should have put this in the lounge. Thanks for Fodors folks and kind LoveItaly for defending me while I was out. Goddesstogo. Yes. My work is going to be checked by Bushranger's ex CTU or Feds, ;) , and all will be ok. I made it through Monday.

Fodors rocks, and sorry for the Twitter page in the wrong place....not a twitter girl or a Facebook girl.

Gypsy.