Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Big Island farmers market or craft fair?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 08:41 AM
JIW
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a Farmer's Market &/or a craft market on the BI like I found on Kauai last year?
The Farmer's market was great for fresh fruits and veggies. The crafts near the blow hole is a great place to get gifts.
Thanks in advance for you response.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 08:48 AM

There is a farmer's market in Hilo, but the setting is much different than the one we attended in Hanalei . I recall a very nice selection of fruits, vegetables and flowers.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:16 PM

It's been a while since I was in Kona, but I know I went to one there and bought Kona coffee beans and orchids at ridiculously low prices. The coffee was super too, not blended or anything like that. It was in a parking lot on the main road that leads down toward the ocean wall, but I cannot recall what day etc... Thr HVCB has up to date lists on it's website which I think is gohawaii.com
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:23 PM

There is a good farmers market in a parking lot on the main beach road in Kona. Also a crafters market farther down.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 10:45 PM

Farmers market in Hilo on Wed. and Sat......north side, fruits, vegatables,etc. ...south side sellers wares...tee shirts...art...etc..

Kona has farmers market, but not sure what day it is.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 04:21 AM

KONA
Kailua Village Farmer's Market Flowers, produce, macnuts and coffee. Every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Across from Hale Halawai, Kailua-Kona.

Kona Farmer's Market Fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers and breads. 8 am. - 2:30 pm. every Saturday and Sunday; one vendor on Wednesdays. Kaiwi Square, Old Industrial Area, Kailua-Kona.

Alii Gardens Marketplace 50 merchants, food for sale, as well. On Alii Drive, 2 miles south of Kailua Bay Pier. Wed.-Sun., 9am-5pm. Info: 334-1381

Captain Cook Farmer's Market Monday-Friday (Open air every Thursday). Fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables, orchid plants and crafts. Free tours of a macadamia nut and coffee operation. Call for times: 328-2412. 82-5810 Napoopoo Rd. (Look for pink donkey sign.)

South Kona Fruit Stand Tropical fruits and plants near the old Higashi store, Mon-Sat, 9 am to 6 pm; 84-4770 Mamalahoa Hwy. in Captain Cook. Info: 328-8547.