biddingfor travel.com???

Feb 18th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

biddingfor travel.com???

does anyone get this site??? I know it is a tool to use to increase your effectiveness with priceline...but I just don't get how the site works...especially their posts???? I would love to use it to my advantage, it's a great idea, but I don't get it????
Feb 18th, 2004, 10:35 AM

You should read thru the information provided by the posters and also the site itself. I use it religiously for hotel bids. You can see what hotels are in each area and what the winning bids have been. This way you have a better idea of the hotel you'll get and what amount will win it, so you don't overbid.

What in particular is confusing you about the site? Have you read thru the FAQ's, etc?
Feb 18th, 2004, 10:36 AM

Here's what I understand it to be:
Read the FAQ's on the site - VERY helpful about learning about priceline. Learn how to do the free rebids!
Look at recent posts about when and where people have bid and been accepted or rejected.
Read the Hotel List and look at hotel reviews in those - the reviews are by priceline bidders, so you'll know if the hotel puts priceline guests into the old crappy wing, etc.
If you want bidding advice, post. They have a "form" for this and you need to fill it all out. More on this in the FAQ. Based on your highest price and the prices you've found at hotel directly, they will come up with a bidding strategy for you.
If you've bid and won or lost, post - it'll help others.
Feb 18th, 2004, 10:36 AM
jenifer

I'm not sure what you don't get?

They have several FAQs (frequently asked questions) that explain how priceline works, and where to look for finding comparison prices for hotels, airfare, etc. Read those through thoroughly, and also check out priceline before so that you know what they mean. You can walk all the way through the bidding process on priceline without having to actually submit the bid.

I don't know if you're bidding for airfare, hotel or what, but specifically on the hotel side, since that's what I've used:

They divide up by city (or sometimes state or region). People post what bids they've made and whether or not they were accepted. So you might see a post for "Chicago, 3* Magnificent Mile zone, May 3-5, $75/night accepted, hotel name" and know that someone received the specified hotel for $75/night for May 3-5 in Chicago.

They also offer bidding assistance, and they have a very detailed form that you need to fill out if you are asking for help. They require, for hotels, that you do your research and find the best available rates for your dates and star level before posting for help, and they give specific instructions on where to look to find these rates.

If this doesn't answer your questions, please post back with exactly what you are trying to do and what BFT says that you don't understand.

Search this Thread